Normal Discharge Weeks After Surgery?

Fistula Discharge

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Normal Discharge Weeks After Surgery?

Postby CrohnsLady » 27 Nov 2016, 22:05

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and appreciate this is a space where we can feel comfortable to share what's going on and support each other.

6 weeks ago I had surgeries for drainage of abscess and 2 seton placements: one that is low and one that is high. Fun times. I've had Crohn's Disease for 17 years as well (since childhood). My recovery plan include getting sleep, eating really well (low fiber/mostly low Fodmap diet) and meditating. Meditation is a SAVIOR fyi. It is so helpful in dealing with these stresses!

Ok so life is going as dandy as it can post-surgery, no drainage after the initial first 2 weeks and then suddenly a few days ago I started draining yellow pus with some clear fluid and blood :(. It's really disheartening because I am trying everything to take care of myself.

Has anyone here experienced this and is it possible that this is just the last of the infection coming out and not new infection coming back? What color have you seen? There seems to be very little medical literature about dealing with setons and fistulas week post-surgery.

I appreciate any feedback or advice <3
CrohnsLady

Topics: 1