Anyone successful with 2nd LIS? No horror stories, please!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Anyone successful with 2nd LIS? No horror stories, please!

Postby Guest » 21 Mar 2008, 13:06

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck with a 2nd LIS? Was the second any easier or any different from the first. Has anyone done this in the office as opposed to the hospital? I would like to try and focus on some positive experiences!!

Re: Anyone successful with 2nd LIS? No horror stories, please!

Postby happyass » 22 Mar 2008, 03:37

nancy, you know better...these are all horror stories :-) hehehehehe.....
the stuff on this board is better than a stephen king novel.....
i know someone recently did do it in the dr.'s office and another member in canada as well a while back.
although anything dealing with medical issues for me is knot-producing, high-stress (because I always think of the worst rather than keeping prognosis simple and light.....), i have to do my part to keep some part of my belief system that things will be alright and well again.
i love that you wrote you would like to try and focus on some positive experiences.
so although i would imagine there are to be some, also visualize and believe that yours too, whatever outcome you may have, will also be a positive and healing experience.
have you decided on the colonoscopy?
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 22 Mar 2008, 07:25

I definitely need positive right now. I'm going in to NYC on Tuesday to have the second LIS...yikes! Since the doc and hospital do not take my insurance, I have opted to do the procedure (notice I did not say surgery....makes me feel better) in the office. I just need to suck it up for the 2 injections and hopefully the rest will be ok. Needless to say, I have knots of plenty!!
As for the colonoscopy, the doctor didn't think there was any reason for me to have it now. He doesn't feel that there are any underlying issues causing this fissure except that, as he put it, I am a "tight-ass"! So there you have it....let's just hope he's right!

Postby happyass » 22 Mar 2008, 08:05

yeah i am a tight ass too and even tighter when you are anxious and trying to avoid a painful bm as you are having it....so it's a no win-no win situation.
as for semantics, yes, i'd rather call them procedures too vs surgery as that word surgery just doesn't sit well with me. even biopsy gives me the creeps :-)
everyone who has had injections in the anal region around here either for botox or for LIS in office, have all said that it's just very minor compared to what you feel with a painful bm and that it's so quick, you like forget about it.
just use some breathing techniques and hopefully you will be given some 'relaxing' medication before putting yourself up on the table. a valium would work nicely.
that's great that you are taking care of this on tuesday. that was quick.
there's another post i think in the surgery forum about things to do that may help you before going in for LIS so that when you come out of it, you will have a easy transition.
good luck.
and yes, think positive.
we will all be rooting for you!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 22 Mar 2008, 08:36

I figure if I could have 2 epidurals, 2 c-sections, a shot in the ass to have a hemorrhoid removed and botox in the ass, then I should be able to power through this, too! As for breathing techniques, I'll probably be hyperventilating and will just pass out there on the table. Maybe that wouldn't be so bad. At this point, I just want to be done with it and hopefully be on a quick road to recovery. My family and I are headed to Florida on April 18th and I would like to be able to enjoy myself....keep your fingers crossed!

Postby val » 22 Mar 2008, 14:19

Wow, you've been through a lot! Good luck, and a speedy recovery. You're very,very brave to have no GA!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 22 Mar 2008, 15:10

Will fill you all in after Tuesday!!

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Mar 2008, 02:48

Good luck nancy !!!!! May it bring you final and complete relief of pain and butt problems ! It looks that you are in good hands - so try to relax - he said he will cut a little and I am sure he will make sure to do that - nobody wants law suits ; )) !!!
Keep us posted !!!!
All the best Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 23 Mar 2008, 13:19

Nancy,
Just had LIS performed in my CRS office. Didn't want to deal with the whole hospital thing. Went well and its not as bad as people may think. The shots do hurt a bit but they don't come close to the pain we all have suffered from our fissures. You can see may recent "4 day post op" post in the surgery forum.
Good luck!

Postby juney » 23 Mar 2008, 21:47

good luck nancy!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36