Anyone experience this?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Anyone experience this?

Postby Guest » 25 Mar 2008, 09:02

10 days post LIS I started to get a "dull spasm pain" from the fissure area. Its very strange cause it will just come on out of the blue and for no apparent reason. Very odd. What gives?

Re: Anyone experience this?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Mar 2008, 05:52

BI, I can tell you that I had similar experiences. I'd just be lying around and I would get what I could only describe as a "spasm" in my anal canal. It wasn't painful or terribly intense, but it was worrisome. It only happened a couple times, and I put it off to the whole area just recovering from the trauma. Since you have an infection, though, your's could be related to that. I wouldn't worry too much unless it is terribly painful or continues...
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 26 Mar 2008, 09:27

i think after you've suffered for so long, you're more likely to notice and overanalyze every little pinch and pain in your butt. i know i definitely do! just take it week by week, not day by day. if things get worse from one week to the next, then i'd start to worry. but you did recently have surgery (plus the infection), so just try to relax and let your body heal itself, try not to analyze every thing you feel down there... unless it's bad pain of course!!
interestingly, my bf says even he sometimes gets little spasm-like feelings after a large bm. and he's never had a fissure!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Mar 2008, 01:02

I will tell you what my CRS told me and made me mad LOL, but now I understand what he meant - "look at the big picture" ; ) ! Yes, there will be some small "bumps" on the road, but if you compare where you have been before - it is big improvement in pain - isn't it? And when you get rid of the infection the improvement is most likely going to continue until one day when you will wonder about how the heck you were able to live with fissure at all !!???
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61