Few questions of LIS?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Few questions of LIS?

Postby val » 31 Mar 2008, 12:56

1. How many days after the surgery you had to use painkillers?I could only use paracetamol because of allergies and it hardly helped, but I took them anyway for about 2 weeks.
2. After how many days you were able to sit on chair for several hours? 2 weeks
3. How long sick leave would be needed? (Your own opinion)2-3 weeks
4. Do you feel it by yourself that the surgery made your spinchter muscle looser?yes
5.Did you have any problems to hold gas immediately after the surgery? Or have faced any problems later on? No, and no
6.How soon after the surgery you started to feel better? (I mean that how many days after surgery you felt that your situation was better compared to the situation where you were before the operation.) I had fistula surgery and skin tag removal too, but I actually thought it was a better pain than before the op. After 3 days I felt very better.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Cinderella » 19 Apr 2008, 04:31

I saw my CRS again. I do not really now what has happened but my AF has totally healed in last two weeks or at least I have not had any pain at all even I have eaten pizza and red meat.
My CRS said that the AF looks very good and has healed nicely. However he still recommended strongly that I should have LIS because my spincter muscle is so tight. He said that he thinks that I will get new AFs by time because of the tightness.
He put me in que but nobody knows how long I have to waite for the surgery. He said that it can take even 6 months. I am so sad to be at this stage. I would like to conceive soon but now I have to waite for the surgery and no-one knows how many months. I am also scared to have surgery now when I feel completely fine. However I have been fine just few weeks and before that I had more pain than ever before. This is so frustrating.
Cinderella
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 19 Apr 2008, 09:42

I know it is frustrating but be happy that you feel better! That is great news that your fissure healed on its own. That makes me wonder if you need LIS, but I guess if you keep getting them this might prevent that which you don't want while you are pregnant or trying to take care of a newborn and a toddler.

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Apr 2008, 13:03

Lecia - you are crazy with your new avatar LOL ; )))) ! I can't concentrate on writing LOL - anyway - Cindy - it is so hard to give advice - at the end we all have to make our own decision and live with it whatever the result is. I wonder why you have to wait for so long - that is ridiculous !!! Yes, theoretically if you are prone to get fissures you will get them again, but even LIS is not warranty that you will not. The only difference in my opinion is that even if you get one you will heal faster and with much less pain if you had LIS.
All the best !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 19 Apr 2008, 19:19

Cinderella -
I am soooooo in the same place as you! I could have wrote this post. I have also been suffering for 15 months, but the pain is off and on. Sometimes I am good for months and then, I have pain again. The pain is bad - but nothing has ever been as bad as my inital rectal pain 15 months ago. I also want to be prego, but I constantly think about my butt! I do have a fissure and hemmie problem, so I am treating my hemmies to see if my butt problems go away after that. I also feel that LIS is a hard choice for me because I was just diagnosed with my fissure only 3 months ago. This means that I have only been using my creams for a couple months. I am usually pain free, and the creams are a Godsend. I have one week off from school in July. My doc knows this and depending on how things go, this is a potential LIS date for me.
My advise - get on the waiting list for LIS. If a date opens up, then you can decide whats right. Don't get pregnant until all your problems are better. Pregnancy will only make your bum issues worse.
Feel free to e mail me anytime. It sounds like we are going through the same issues in life! Its nice to talk to someone else out there that wants a baby as bad as me and is sick of their on again - off again bum issues.
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39