still sore six months on :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

still sore six months on :(

Postby ouch_88 » 01 Apr 2017, 09:30

So it's nearly six months since my AF first appeared. The doc tells me it looks healed, and I am no longer having bloody BM's. But, I am STILL in pain. It's not constant, mostly during the hours after a BM, but it's there. Will it ever go away? I just want to get on with my life! :verysad: :sadd:
ouch_88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: still sore six months on :(

Postby GilmoreGirl » 01 Apr 2017, 13:44

Sounds like me ouch_88. My gp also told me I looked healed, but went back to the CRS and she said it's still there for sure! Even when "superficially" healed over they can cause pain and spasms. And the "spasm" cycle never quit with me, my rectal tone has increased and spasm even after a painless bm. And the spasms themselves cause pain (for me this is a burning aching feeling).

Maybe this is what's going on with you also. Have you considered LIS? I'm going for it on Tuesday - I never want to have this problem again.

-GG
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby ouch_88 » 02 Apr 2017, 03:46

Hi GG, yes my gp gave off a "why are you here?" kinda vibe, as far as she is concerned I am healing but it's frustrating cause I'm still sore! I'm not sure I have spasms to be honest, it just feels tight, an aching pain like you say. And sometimes a stabbing type pain. And sometimes itchy. It's seems to have a mind of its own!
I don't have a problem with my BMs, 9 times out of 10 they're easy to pass. This was all caused in the first place just cause I strained too much during a very rare bought of constipation- I'll never make that mistake again! I'm just wondering if there's anything else I could possibly be doing to speed up the healing process? I have a fairly good diet and I try to take plenty vitamin c and zinc, I've read a bit about magnesium for muscle relaxation so I might try that. It does feel as though the muscle down there tenses up when I'm thinking about it or stressed. And when I relax the pain dissipates.
I'd like to give it a bit more time to heal naturally before I consider LIS, but I'll be interested to hear how you get on with it - good luck!!
:o
ouch_88
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby patience_and_healing » 04 Apr 2017, 08:57

You can try doing self dilation if you feel up to it. There are many posts on the forum on how to start doing it safely. As long as​ you don't reinjure yourself it should help relieve the muscle tightness which unless relieved can cause reinjury.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40