Stinging and sore 8 weeks after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Stinging and sore 8 weeks after LIS

Postby Becka456 » 27 Jun 2017, 14:03

I had the LIS done around 8 weeks ago now my incision healed nicely and I saw the nurse the other day and she said that she could see any open fissure just pink skin but I'm still feeling sore, not painful but just not comfortable yet a few weeks ago I was fine? I've also notice that when I have gas it really hurts and stings too but I can't work out if the stinging is from the incision site or fissure even though both of them are meant to be closed... anybody else had this problem?
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 6

Re: Stinging and sore 8 weeks after LIS

Postby Mr Fissure » 27 Jun 2017, 17:18

Hi Becka, Sorry to hear you're still suffering after your LIS.

As it happens I'm 10 weeks post-LIS and also have very similar symptoms. I saw my CRS 3 weeks ago and was told my AF and incision were bothpretty much healed too, yet I am still very sore around the anus and continue to struggle to sit down.

I was told the pain I was experiencing was due to another issue that I also appear to have developed called a pilonidal sinus. It is a sharp pain, very similar to Fissure pain that hurts when I bend over in particular. However it is primarily a male condition, so I doubt its your problem.

I also get very sore if I get gas, to the point where some times it feels like it is reopening the Fissure.

For all those reasons, if I'm honest, I'm still sceptical that my Fissure has actually fully healed yet, and have heard from others on here, that soreness and the ability to sit comfortably again can take up to 6 months for the more unfortunate amongst us.
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Becka456 » 27 Jun 2017, 17:24

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, yes that's what mine feels like with gas like there's an opening of some sort it's really strange but also really frustrating! I'm seeing my consultant in 2 weeks I'm worried that either the nurse has got it wrong and it's not healed yet or something else going on that I can't see. What did your consultant seem to think about the gas and it hurting? I'm hoping that it's the case of it's still early days but I'm starting to worry that it's not going to improve
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Mr Fissure » 28 Jun 2017, 06:01

No problem.

I didn't actually get to mention the wind issue, as I was more than a little thrown by him telling me that in his opinion I was healed from my fissure, but that the pain was from a new condition!

I'm on a course of antibiotics atm, but like you see my CRS in 10 days time for the follow up. If its still stinging then, I will ask for another internal exam, because I can't believe that this pain can be attributed to my Pilonidal sinus.

Anyway, be interested to hear what your CRS says, let us know!

Good luck!
Mr F
Mr Fissure
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 2

Postby Becka456 » 28 Jun 2017, 13:23

Ah ok, I'm trying to work out how gas would make it hurt it's been really painful today too! I'm getting a little worried that something is going on with it that shouldn't be, the next 2 weeks are going to drag Now lol well I hope your pain settles for you with the antibiotics it's the last thing on top of the fissure that you need!
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby zinnia » 28 Jun 2017, 14:44

I am 12 weeks out form a fistulotomy and I am def achy in one area where internal opening was found- do I imagine a deeper cut? Skin all healed , but still in pain- actually i wasn't aware of this area for a while as I was busy treaing then more obvious outside wound. Discouraging.
zinnia
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby Deleted User 7692 » 06 Apr 2019, 15:41

Hi Becka456. I am experiencing the exact same uncomfortable feeling with the sting -like cutting either on the incision or fissure site or possibly scar tissue? I am 8 weeks almost 9 weeks post op LIS. No problems with BM’s or bleeding. Just feeling the cut or sting feeling throughout the day. Just wondering how it eventually went with you and what exactly it was you were feeling and what your doctor found if anything. Or if you just needed more time to heal. I know this is an old post and not sure if you will get this but would love an update from you. Thank you :thankyou:
Deleted User 7692

Postby Becka456 » 29 Dec 2019, 13:33

Hi,
Sorry for such late reply, it does settle it’s just such a sensitive area it can take a lot longer than expected but it does get better x
Becka456
Proctosphincteranalogist