horse riding and cycling

healing time

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

horse riding and cycling

Postby Hotbutt2000 » 01 May 2017, 02:58

hi, anybody on here horse ride or cycle? I do both (well I did) . I have just been dx with a fissure but think I have had it on and off for around a year or so after hem/skin tag surgery. The last one has flared up after a bout of constipation (lapse in diet). Still a bit uncomfortable but feel better than I did last week! Getting bad tailbone pain so exercising for that. I am using rectogesic twice a day and plan on using it until tube runs out regardless of if I am in pain or not to give the fissure best chances of healing. What should I do as regards horse riding/cycling - my horse really could do with the exercise but don't mind not cycling for a while - do you think steady riding would be ok?
Hotbutt2000
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: horse riding and cycling

Postby Glorybee » 01 May 2017, 18:38

I ride horses. I've been off for two weeks. I rode one day and regretted it the next. Headed to Dr tomorrow, and hoping to get back in the saddle after that. Avoiding surgery and avoiding pain was how I was able to stay off the horse this long.
Glorybee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: horse riding and cycling

Postby Hotbutt2000 » 02 May 2017, 00:07

Ah, it's so depressing not being able to do the one thing that you usually do to chill out! Just when you need it! I really need to mow the lawns as well but cannot sit on the (sit on) lawnmower.
Hotbutt2000
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3