Internal and External Thrombosed Hemorroids

Thrombosed Hems

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Internal and External Thrombosed Hemorroids

Postby bum22 » 06 May 2017, 19:41

Hi: I'm new to this site. I've had hemorrhoids since the 80s. They started after childbirth and were only a problem occasionally. No big deal. As the years passed they slowly got worse. They would flare up and I'd have burning and pain for a day or two then back to normal. Last year they were really bad for about 4 or 5 days. The doc prescribed suppositories and cream and in a few days I was back to normal or at least normal for someone with hemorrhoids. This year, just a couple of weeks ago they flared up again, both the internal and external ones and I had constant pain, burning, and throbbing. In addition I experienced something new. Something the doc called rectal spasms. Never heard of this before. The regular pain was so bad, like never before, I was in constant pain, it felt like knife stabs in my bum and then came the spasms. That pushed this pain way above anything I've ever felt before. I would scream out in pain when they occurred and I thought I would die. Felt like my rectum was turning inside out. All of this lasted about 12 days, non-stop day and night. Finally with some cream called Hydrocortisone Acetate with Pramoxzine, over a period of time I started to feel better. The external swelling went down but it doesn't feel normal. I think something else is going on. I have an appointment with a colorectal surgeon scheduled for May 17th and I'm counting the minutes until then. I'm so afraid this will flare up any day now and can't imagine going through this again. I was so bad I couldn't work for a week. Forgot to mention I have IBS so I am rarely constipated. Not sure how this got so far out of control. Any thoughts, advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
bum22

Topics: 1

Re: Internal and External Thrombosed Hemorroids

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 May 2017, 02:38

Hi sorry to hear your suffering,
I too have had IBS and crohns for many years and am rarely constipated. I have 4 large external and about 4 internal hems all caused by diarrhoea. My fissure was also caused by diarrhoea.
The spasms you describe are horrendous the worst pain I have experienced I was literally rolling on the floor screaming, I didn't realise that level of pain existed.
My hems have been very painful in the past but have never caused spasms. My spasms cam from a fissure. Now I'm not in any way saying you have a fissure but I would get the CRS to check as my GP insisted it was my hems and a fissure wasn't mentioned until I saw a CRS even then they couldn't see it. In the end a very good CRS eventually found it hiding behind my largest hem.
I would also give colodial silver a go, I soak cotton wool balls in it and place it on the hems it really helps with the swelling.
Good luck and I hope you get to see the CRS very soon
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Re: Internal and External Thrombosed Hemorroids

Postby bum22 » 08 May 2017, 07:16

Thank you! I'll be sure to ask about looking for a fissure on my May 17th visit. I have to say today I feel pretty normal. But just had a BM and now I live in constant fear that the pain will return. I guess I have to take it one BM at a time.
bum22

Topics: 1