Swollen Hemorroids

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Swollen Hemorroids

Postby tforty185 » 17 Dec 2018, 07:25

Ive had hemmies for a while..since i gave birth to my 1st child in 1999. It has gotten worse after my 3rd child a couple years ago. I know my pelvic floor muscles are weak. But i dont think thats the issue. It started when i had painful bleading with BM..the blood filled the toilet..making me tired every day. It went on for a month. I finally tried the hemmie/fissure ointment that you put inside. It stopped the bleeding..but then i was not able to go at all. So then i tried suppositories..and miralax..and dulculox. When i took the miralax..it gave me the feeling of diarreah in my stomach really bad..but i was still not able to go. The pain got really bad..it lasted 3 days. I could not even go diarreah. Then after 3 days..i went a little. I usually go every day. So it worried me. Then i took a warm bath..and examined myself..it looked pretty bad. It was very swollen..and i had a painful lump. I have no insurance till Jan..my colonoscopist says they cant take me without insurance. So after this episode ive been trying everything to get the swelling down..ice packs..ointment..etc. and i think its blocking my bowel movements. I am now blocked again. I feel pressure in my anus like theres poop there. And its making me feel sick and very tired. Sometimes i go a little. Its thin and dark colored. I dont know how to help the swelling..or if its just swelling. Its stressful. Tired of feeling sick every day.
tforty185

Topics: 1

Re: Swollen Hemorroids

Postby chachacha » 17 Dec 2018, 11:02

It sounds like you could have an acute thrombosed hemorrhoid. They can take up to 10 days to resolve and the pain often peaks somewhere in the middle. I hope that yours goes down soon. I'm not a doctor though, and you really HAVE TO be examined as soon as your insurance resumes in January. It is probably nothing more serious, but bleeding should always be checked out. And if you're feeling tired and sick, is there a walk-in clinic of some sort that takes uninsured patients?
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby tforty185 » 18 Dec 2018, 09:43

Hi..i dont know if there is a walk in clinic. Will have to check that out. The only one i know of is the urgent care.
tforty185

Topics: 1

Postby Okaybum » 25 Dec 2018, 16:26

I'm sorry but I think you're borderline on a medical emergency. If you're blocked and unable to go, that's a medical emergency as it can kill you if you can't poop. I'd advise going to urgent care as soon as you can.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8