Skin Tags...help!!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Skin Tags...help!!

Postby motherluch » 07 Apr 2008, 12:38

Hi everyone, I just want to ask everyone who has skin tags what do you do about them?? Mine have never really been an issue but all of a sudden they seem worse and are becoming irritated by the end of the day. I use my usual Gold Bond powder which helps but they still are annoying me and are uncomfortable. We are going to Disney in a couple of weeks...driving 18 hours UGG!! Then walking all day in the parks...wow, this could be interesting! I just want to stay as comfortable as possible and try not to get the area swollen and irritated so any suggestions would help.
Thanks!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Skin Tags...help!!

Postby buttgirl » 07 Apr 2008, 12:43

When my bottom feels a bit chaffed, I spread on a little emu oil. i get mine in the cosmetic section of my healthfood store. It is anti-inflammatory and soothing.
Have fun at Disney--land or world?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby motherluch » 07 Apr 2008, 13:27

Disney World!! Been to both, I like Disney World better!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby small_flower » 08 Apr 2008, 06:27

i've heard lecia say that she uses aloe vera on her skin tags. Maybe that would help?
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Guest » 09 Apr 2008, 03:50

Yes i have heard Lecia mention this too :)
Needless to say i brought some and it really does seems to help with the swelling of the tag :)

Postby juney » 09 Apr 2008, 09:27

when i had a skin tag aloe vera was really soothing. my recommendation is to get it removed though. my dr removed mine during my 1st surgery and that was the 1 thing that was an actual success! it's never come back. maybe when you're completely healed you can look into having it removed. until then, try aloe vera or any other soothing creme/gel

edit - low and behold the skin tag removal was not a success and in fact, may be the cause of all my continuing problems. it seems removing skin tags can be very complicated, which is why most surgeons refuse to do it. mine never completely healed and has left a small hole. sighhh.
Last edited by juney on 17 Apr 2008, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby val » 09 Apr 2008, 10:02

Yea, I had mine removed as it got infected and it was SUCH a relief to get rid of it. Wheatgerm oil is pretty soothing.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 09 Apr 2008, 15:25

UGH Image - how I hate mine skin tag too Image . There are days when it completely calms down and than there are days( like for the past 5 ) when it acts up and I feel like chomping it off with anything that can come handy Image !!! Stupid scar tissue Image !!!!!
When it misbehaves I think about making app. with CRS but than there is alway possibility it will turn into the fissure again - so I am afraid of going into circles Image Image Image ! How I wish my CRS removed it during LIS Image ...
Yes, aloe helps and chamomile too, although aloe is more convenient to apply and carry in a purse. BUT, I just wish there is nothing down there any more to remind me of horror time of living with the fissure :( !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 11 Apr 2008, 09:43

Didn't it hurt though to remove those tags?? I was reading my notes and the surgeoh had written tiny little skin tag..Tiny?? yeah right!

Postby juney » 11 Apr 2008, 11:58

my skin tag was removed during my first LIS surgery, so i was under GA and didn't feel anything. the area where it was removed took a few weeks to close over and heal though. there was a small hole where it was removed for awhile. everything looks nice and normal now, and from the outside you'd never know i still have fissure pain.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36