After LIS pain meds and bleeding questions

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

After LIS pain meds and bleeding questions

Postby raoden » 13 Jun 2017, 18:55

Hi wonderful boardies need some advice on pain meds and bleeding after LIS.

I am on day 6 after my LIS. My pain has mostly been bearable. Nothing compared to the fissure. So I have completely avoided taking the prescription painkiller Percocet (Oxycodone). I have been mostly using 1000mg of acetaminophen every 6 hours. I did this on first 3 days. I tried reducing this 1000mg every 12 hours, but the pain seems to increase. So my question is how long did everyone take pain meds for? I am worried if it is ok to be taking 4000mg of acetaminophen (The max dosage) for more than 7 days?

Also my pain seems to start after a BM. I am not sure but it seems to me it is a different pain from the fissure. It is a burning sensation that starts immediately, but subsides in 15 to 30 minutes (which never happened during fissure days). So I am hoping this is the incision site pain. But the pain start after BM has me worried that it could still be the fissure.

Lastly I had no bleeding on the first 2 or 3 days. Now on day 4 to 6, I am having some bleeding. Not a huge amount, but there are long streaks of blood mixed in with the stools. How long is it normal to experience bleeding after LIS?

Thanks!
raoden
Salt Bather

Topics: 5