Fissure bleeding 13 weeks after LIS

LIS trouble

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fissure bleeding 13 weeks after LIS

Postby UghWhy » 08 Aug 2018, 16:25

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been reading these posts for 8 months now, but I’ve just decided I really need some input :(

Anal fissure 1/30/18

the worst pain of my life until LIS 5/10/18

annoying twinges of pain and spots of blood from LIS incision site since then but the spasms were totally gone and I saw the fissure getting smaller

doctor said my fissure was healed 7/4/18 even though I was still had a bit of fissure pain and still couldn’t go to the gym because of it

August- I’ve been having some pain directly from my fissure site. It’s been 13 weeks since my LIS...is this normal? It happens during bowel movements and I have some pain after. Nothing compared to what I experienced before the LIS but painful enough that I can’t concentrate at work. Also having trouble keeping the area clean since the LIS because of my skin tags and the doctor said this could be forever. But has anyone experienced fissure pain this long after the LIS?

Any experienced will help...just looking for a bit of reassurance that everything is okay.
UghWhy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Fissure bleeding 13 weeks after LIS

Postby patience_and_healing » 16 Aug 2018, 16:43

It's possible that your fissure is not fully healed and still needs some TLC. Have you had a change in BMs or diet that could have contributed? It's best to consult your doctor about this to make sure he knows about the problem.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40