5 weeks Post op

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

5 weeks Post op

Postby Guest » 18 Apr 2008, 10:22

Hi guys,
Had 2 weeks of hell cause the antibiotics they gave to kill the infection caused very loose BM which burned like crazy and caused the fissure to act up. Of course the pain was nothing compared to what it had been before LIS. This week things seem to be getting better. BMs are back to normal. Had my follow up yesterday. CRS says that the fissure is healing nicely. His exact words were "I think in another month you'll be happy with your fissure." Had a good laugh with that one. The skin tag left by the infection has also receded approx. 50%. Great news cause it has been causing me gresat discomfort. I go back in a month. Hopefully by that time the fissure will heal completely and the skin tag will receded completely. If not the doc is willing to remove it.
Thank you all for the continuing support. LOL

Re: 5 weeks Post op

Postby juney » 18 Apr 2008, 10:35

congrats BI, that's great news!! just give it time and patience and things will work out Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby val » 18 Apr 2008, 11:15

Thats great news! Happy healing!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 18 Apr 2008, 11:44

Wow-what a relief. I know how healing can not always be straightforward after surgery so I am glad you are finally coming out of those dark days and feeling better!

Congrats! Image

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Apr 2008, 13:03

Great news BI !!! : ))) I hope your skin tag will go away since they are real nuisance - I might remove mine too very soon ...
Happy healing !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 21 Apr 2008, 13:09

Good to hear BI. That flagyl is some strong stuff!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 22 Apr 2008, 19:37

What is a skin tag? Is that when you are applying the cream and you feel a "bulb"? down there?

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 08:17

A skintag is a leftover remnant from an injury or part of a fissure called a sentinel pile which forms at the base of the fissure to help protect it. So, yes, it it a bulb. It can be hard or soft and can often be confused for a external hemorrhoid.

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2008, 08:25

Ok because prior to applying the ointment it appears that there was a tag there but now that I have been feeling better it appears smoother down there

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Apr 2008, 16:20

Well Tom - you are one lucky guy!!! Image Buy a lottery today - LOL - you never know Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61