8 weeks post-fissure - whats worked so far

diary of healing my butt

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

day 1

Postby healthybutt » 20 Oct 2018, 13:10

Well, here we are again -- it's been a while! I think this one is similar to the one I got last time -- superficial, and should heal quickly. Too bad my nitroglycerin ointment expired a long ass time ago. I guess I could ask for refill but by the time that happens on monday, it will be pretty much ok (hopefully)

today with my 800mg -- felt tiny bit of pain, more like stinging. had lubed the area with vaseline before pooping to help protect. no blood, so thats a good sign. i probably could have taken another 100mg of magnesium since my poop was still a little larger than expected, albeit soft. ah, the intricacies of the perfect stool for fissures. lol.
healthybutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

nitrogyclerine!

Postby healthybutt » 21 Oct 2018, 03:27

Holy crap! I tried the nitroglcyerine ointment, using probably about 3/4" (directions say to use 1" of ointment but that seems so excessive...i recall doc saying to use a pea sized amount which is closer to about 1/2")...anyway. Boom, headache. I didnt connect the headache with the ointment right away, but I thought it really odd to have a headahce at 9 am before even going out in the sun and getting all baked and dehydrated. Then I realized it might be the nitro ointment -- and woohoo maybe it actually still works?! (i applied it again after i pooped like 1 hr after i applied it, so it effectively got wiped off...headache continued)

i took advil for the headache in case it was just a coincidence. however the headache persisted pretty much the entire day, which wasnt great but whatever. i did cut short my dog walk because on top of the sun and heat, a headache was too much. Of course as soon as I got home and ate I felt better and headache subsided. Go figs. Then shower etc etc

So I just put the ointment on oh maybe about 15 min ago and guess what?! headache again. odd eh?

i had another BM at around 8 pm or so and it was pretty runny, altho not too bad. So I decided to only take 600 mg of magnesium since it was runnier than usual, and I'll pop more mag when i wake up. for this evening poo, i felt some soreness but no razor blade action which was nice. i find myself apprehensive though and i remember the good ole days of shitting terror. jesus. so glad that is over now. i did eat some broccoli today to add fiber to diet. reading earlier posts made me realize that diet does matter with respect to fiber and softness and size of the poo (and frequency). beans, avocados, and broccoli or cauli -- will try to make them my staples again. and craving carrots lately. avos have a lot of magnesium.

bed time, hope tomorrow brings some soft, pain-free poo. sweet dreams, sphincter
healthybutt
Salt Bather

Re: 8 weeks post-fissure - whats worked so far

Postby appleapple » 11 Jun 2019, 14:38

This is so helpful to read. Thanks!!!!
appleapple
Proctosphincteranalogist