When Surgery doesn't work, whats next?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

When Surgery doesn't work, whats next?

Postby Harper05 » 04 Aug 2017, 08:14

HI all, I have posted here a lot about my numerous surgeries. I have had three LIS in the last 7 months, by 2 different CRS's. I am 3 weeks post op #3 and not feeling too hopeful. I am still pretty sore and feel the AF during BM. I saw my CRS this week and he said my AF was just that large.. he said to come back in a month and we can evaluate then and possibly do a colonoscopy to see if anything is inflamed. I don't think it is, I think I am just not healing and surgery is not working. I have tried all the creams, he just put me on Cipro.. I asked him about chrons and he says I don't have any of the symptoms and my AF was not like one with chrons. I asked about resting synpcher muscle test and he said there would be no point in doing it.. I asked him about advancement flap and he said that would be an option down the road.
I feel like I am don't know where to turn, is there a different kind of doctor I should be seeing? Or will I have the pain of a AF for life?
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28

Re: When Surgery doesn't work, whats next?

Postby Laurieb » 05 Aug 2017, 09:01

Could it be possible that your body is still healing from the previous surgeries? I think that if I had had 3 different surgeries to any part of my body in a 7 month time frame, this part would still be in pain. My crs told me recently that in women patients, healing takes 2-3 months, because we have to deal with extra swelling coming from the pressure made by pur reproductive organs. Do you still have spasms? How is your pain?
Laurieb
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: When Surgery doesn't work, whats next?

Postby Harper05 » 06 Aug 2017, 20:58

Sooo wondering if I should research a top notch crs or a gastrointestinal doctor?!
Harper05
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 28