OMG! Could my butt get any weirder?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

OMG! Could my butt get any weirder?

Postby Jen » 18 Apr 2008, 21:37

I had RBL done 2 days ago. I have anal itching, but that is nothing new to me with my hemmie and fissure issues.
One day post RBL, I noticed a few bumps around my anus. Not on my anus directly, but the skin around. Today, the itching was more intense and the bumps multiplied.
They are flesh colored bumps. No tenderness or redness. Some look like they may be little pimples. They do not hurt - only itch once in a while. They are all around my bum.
I don't think they are from anything I ate. I wonder if the doc used a lube or something that aggravated a rash? I hope it is not the nirto - I doubt it is since I have used nitro for 3 weeks and nifedipine for 2 months prior to that. God - I would freak if I am having a reaction to the nitro - it works so well for me!
I really want to put hydrocortosone on it, but don't know if I can use it with the nitro - the nitro is a vasodilator and the hydro is a vasoconstrictor - I am affraid they would counteract each other.
I want to call my doc, but it is the weekend and I have to wait until Monday - So all my cyber friends get to hear about my bum so I can vent... :roll:
Anyone ever get an anal rash? Advise? Suggestions? Expiriences please???!!!! :$%: :!@: :@#:
I always wanted to use the Star Wars emoticons! I guess my butt rash is a good enough reason to use them!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Re: OMG! Could my butt get any weirder?

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Apr 2008, 21:58

Jen, hydro is just anti inflammatory - they do not contradict each other, actually my first prescription was compound of Nitro, Lido and
Hydro. So, you feel free to use both !!!
Good luck !
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Sorerumpie » 19 Apr 2008, 01:38

Forgive my ignorance Jen - what is RBL ??
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Sorerumpie » 19 Apr 2008, 01:40

Ewwwww,,,,,,,,,, Have I just been upgraded to " Proctosphincteranalogist " ???? Whoooopie !!!
Thank you !!
Wait a minute ! It's 1am in the morning - time to get a life here..... :shock: Image
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 19 Apr 2008, 01:57

Haha ...Get to bed !! .....Hope you are well Sorerumpie Image
RBL - Rubber Band Ligation... I AM LEARNING FAST !!

Postby Guest » 19 Apr 2008, 09:28

Gosh, I don't know what to tell you. Maybe the rash is irritation from the procedure, a reaction to something, (duh!). I know my husband uses Calmoseptine and that seems to calm down any irritation. It actually is too strong for me but I know others really like it. I don't see any harm using the hydrocortisone.

I bet the doctor's office has an answering service and you could leave a message and the doc on call can get in touch with you. Things always seem to head south on the weekend.

Sorry I wasn't much help, but I do hope the RBL works for you. It took me almost 2 weeks to really notice much so don't worry if you don't feel an improvement right away.

Postby Jen » 19 Apr 2008, 18:56

Lecia -
How are you feeling? Is the pain getting better? Is the fistula healing? Do you still need to pack it? Hang in there sweetie!
The rash is not an emergancy - just annoying and weird. I am going to call the nurse on Monday. What makes everything worse, is that I have had like 6 BM's today - major Diarrhea! I can't keep anything in me! So when that happens, your bum get irrated from wiping anyway. I thought I retore my fissure because all the stinging down there - but I checked it out and its just my runny BM's that are causing major burning. I am about to take an antidiarreal pill - AND I NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THAT!
I put on the Calmoseptine. It is really cooling. I just hate trying to wash it off in the shower! That thick paste refuses to come off even after 2 showers. Lecia - does your hubby have butt problems too? You said he uses Calmoseptine? It is encouraging that you said it took 2 weeks for the RBL to work - I was getting bummed about the whole thing! My CRS is actually removing hemmie #2 in 2 weeks from now also. I just ssay get rid of them all - before they get out of hand - especially since I want another baby one day!
John -
Congrats on your recent promotion! This calls for the use of the Star Wars emoticons again....I knew I would find a use for them one day!
:$($$!:
:)!):
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Apr 2008, 04:35

The only thing that helps with my itch is canesten - clotrimazole
Love the star wars icons - you are a big fan Lecia ?
Hope you are feeling good today :)

Postby happyass » 20 Apr 2008, 06:46

are you allergic to latex by any chance?
maybe there was some latex,the surgeon's gloves, something else latex that may have been used during your surgery.
who knows?
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Jen » 20 Apr 2008, 14:52

Nope,
I'm not allergic to latex. I thought about that too. I ware latex gloves all the time in nursing school.
The rash seems to be getting better. If it is almost gone by tomorrow, I am not even going to call the nurse. I will just let the doctor know what happened when he removes hemmie #2 in a couple weeks.
Thanks for the help!
Jen
King Fissure