Gallbladder Removed/Fissure Flair up

Chronic pain, please advise

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Gallbladder Removed/Fissure Flair up

Postby GBgone » 04 Aug 2017, 00:36

Hi All,

I'm a 37 year old, female, ready be locked up in a looney bin. I take Ritalin for ADHD, but think it all stems from gut.

I did a GAPS diet for over a year, and don't want to take any meds at all. Ritalin is necessary, I guess, to calm down and focus my monkey mind. I take 54mg of Conserta.

The GAPS diet helped my digestion some but not enough to save my Gallbladder (GB).

I don't:
drink alcohol
Smoke, anything

I do:
Eat healthy organic foods
Maintain proper fluid intake most days.

I prefer to be at least 100lbs and only 98lbs right now. I hate it when people tell me I look great when I only weigh 98lbs. Really?!?!

It seems western medicine, multiple visits with 2 chiropractors, and acupuncture aren't helping to relieve my pain. It's definitely not curing me and sometimes provides no relief at all. I'm really tired of being told to be patient and calm. Over it!

I'm more irritated by my friends telling me to get a regular 9/5 job when I have blood in my stool and can't stand for longer than 20 minutes. They always say to work at a coffee shop too. Not only can I not drink the stuff, it would probably make me run to the bathroom by just smelling it. I work, but around my pain management.

Sometimes my medical issues are a full-time job, especially lately. I've learned through trial and error how to be my own advocate, but out of answers.

A close confidant defriended me last year because my process to heal and frequent doctor visits gave her too much anxiety. Bye bye.

Just so we are clear, i've had bowel problems since birth.

Four weeks ago, after having my car back from a repair shop for 3 days I was rear-ended by a truck n horse trailer. The horse is fine. I'm very lucky it wasn't worse. Within 24 hours of accident, I started having light back pain and now a full-blown fissure rupture, for the millionth time + a lovely external hemorrhoid.

I'm in so much pain right now! I can't walk, think properly, stand, or sit. Nothing truly helps!

Well, maybe this forum will??? I'm mortified to talk to anybody. I've notified by family not to show my scars or talk about poop with strangers, or friends for that matter. Not giving out my name, just my miserable life story. I'm here because I'm done with positive affirmations, its making my symptoms/situation worse.

I've moved three times in the last 4 months. I couldn't afford to stay where I was living post GB surgery. Lucky for me, rent is due whether I have health issues or not. I haven't crowdsourced because I'm too embarrassed to tell my friends what's really going on, so naturally I'm going to post it for the world to see.

I'm becoming homeless after 8/15. Living with my parents is not an option.

In March, with 17 doctors, and little answers i admitted myself into the ER. I told them I was going to starve myself till I saw a surgeon. Luckily, the hospital was smart and got one quickly. For days before that, I felt like I had 15 butter knives jabbing me in the abdomen and lifetime of unexplained cause of pain.

My GB was removed 3 days after I arrived.

Apparently i still have a 7 millimeter unubstructed kidney stone. I guess I'll be dealing with that in the future. *sigh*

After I met my surgeon, I began a crusade to save my GB once he told me I had 50-50 chance of no change. I even tried rubbing castor oil all over my stomach. Not sure what that actually did but I did feel lots of movement. Most of the gallbladders he had removed had gallstones, mine did not.

After surgery the only thing my surgeon told me was that it needed to come out and my GB had scar tissue. What?!?! I still don't understand why it had to go. I do experience less pain and I hope that's permanent. He did nothing with my anal fissure in surgery. Is that common? I really wish she had. I was released from hospital upon passing gas, but no bowel movement.

I went back to the ER 3 days after my release thinking my mother was trying to kill me with her tough love. I really couldn't eliminate naturally, yet needed to and was more extreme than ever. I was also concerned about my staples coming out. They released me, 8 hours later, with no fluids. Constipation was the discharge.

I was actually prepped for GB removal at age 19 in another hospital, but they did further testing and found I had a severe case of mono. They wouldn't operate for obvious reasons.

I never went back or knew they left the dead organ inside of me. After the mono diagnosis they kept me for 2 weeks under observation. I couldnt stand up, was peeing orange and acquired my first hemorrhoid on that visit, almost 20 year ago.

I've read online sometimes a diagnosis of mono is really a false positive for GB needing to be removed. Is that true for anyone else?

I think my bum GB was hereditary. My mother and maternal grandmother had theirs removed. Must admit, I had to google what a GB did when told mine didn't move and needed removal.

As an infant, I was diagnosed with lactose intolerance. Even on rice milk, at 3 months, I've always had chronic and severe stomach pain.

This lifelong condition has affected my entire life. Everytime I try to get a college degree some medical issue pops up that I have to deal with it. I think I'm done trying at this point. Maybe I'll become master gardener, in the looney bin. I have mastered the art of stress, leading to constipation, and lots of diarrhea. Dating isn't an option. Not even interested.

At one point last year, I started taking pictures of my poop and sending them to my mother. She's a retired nurse, but definitely beyond her advice and wherewithal at this point.

Before my GB surgery, the only way I could go to the bathroom was with an enema for about a year-and-a-half. Blood in stool the whole time, always red. I now squat with my feet on the toilet bowl in order for anything to come out and weep.

I've been roto-rootered from both ends, ultrasounds, CT scan, blood tests, etc. All test came back normal, except the HIDA.

Gastro doc did scan which had the results of 0% movement. My reg GP doc mis-read the report and thought 0% was a good thing, so she anal probed me and sent me home with $3,000 cream not covered by insurance. That was a silver lining moment for sure, lots of belly laughter and tears. I got a new doctor. The previous one was fine I just don't trust her and she definitely didn't get me. I hope to move toward my naturopath and part ways with western medicine, unless it's an emergency.

I'm pretty sure that hydrocortisone screws with stomach flora big time. I'm doing suppositories and cream right now. Does anybody use organic natural products that works?

Bottom line, I have an open 2" fissure now with an external hemmroid. I can't get them to go away to save my life, and wonder at this point whether I'm worth saving. My life is miserable.

In fact, I just soak the bathtub and cry wondering why it has to be this way. At the same time, I don't think I'm a unique snowflake. This forum wouldn't exist if I was. I know other people have the same issues, sometimes worse. When I need perspective there's a little guy I think about. I have a special needs nephew with a pacemaker and a G-tube, i never get to see.

All I want to do is be a normal part of society, contributing to it, and live without pain. Why isn't that possible? I don't want to take any more perscibed drugs.

The ER perscribed me Norco a couple of weeks ago, but I won't use it. I'm taking ibuprofen and turmeric for pain. I have no money, no prospect in getting it right now, no life, and no patience left, please advise if you can.

Thanks in advance :)
GBgone

Topics: 1

Re: Gallbladder Removed/Fissure Flair up

Postby hurtinend » 04 Aug 2017, 20:11

you need to see a colorectal surgeon to deal with the fissure. A doc removing a gallbladder would not do fissure surgery.

I'm sorry for your pain, you must not give up. Ask your parents for help.
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52