pelvic floor tension

How to relax pelvic floor

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

pelvic floor tension

Postby berlinbaby » 20 Sep 2017, 10:42

Hi all

I have been here just over a week and I have learned so much about anal fissures. I am currently trying to heal one and its a challenge. I have good days and bad. I was having a really bad day three days ago. I felt my anal muscles were in spasm and it was really hard not to focus on the pressure. I was also getting problem with frequent urination and a general sensation of tightness in my whole pelvic area and pain in my buttocks and tailbone. I was feeling so miserable. I started to think about all the symptoms and after a bit of research I do think by PF muscles are really tight and its making everything feel a lot worse.

I went and looked for exercises and stretches to help me let go of some of the tension and I found this:

http://www.pelvicphysiotherapy.com/rele ... 68b9b757ba

past couple of days I have been trying to do this and its really hard and needs a lot of concentration but last night when doing it I felt a huge release in my bum and thighs and back, it was a bit of a shock but after I felt better than I have in weeks and even today after a BM I am still pain free. I also have none of the urinary issues I have been having and I had the first good nights sleep in weeks.

I am going to keep on trying this so I can become better at recognising tension in pelvis. I am still doing the other things for my fissure, keeping stool soft and area clean and baths but really feel this is going to help me feel better and I am hoping it will prevent more fissures in the future.

Thought I should share the info :)
berlinbaby
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: pelvic floor tension

Postby patience_and_healing » 20 Sep 2017, 12:51

Thanks for the link! I have pelvic floor issues too and this looks really helpful. I hope you continue to stay pain free.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Re: pelvic floor tension

Postby berlinbaby » 20 Sep 2017, 13:58

I hope the link helps. It is actually quite hard to do as is very subtle and the main problem is we hold onto tension over time and dont realise its a problem. When you do feel a little release its great. Be patient though and hope you get relief
berlinbaby
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3