Pelvic floor physical therapy

Ouch

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pelvic floor physical therapy

Postby Alfaman147 » 14 Nov 2016, 06:36

I have a stress related issue with my anal muscles. They are in constant spasm. I experience a heavy pressure feeling and ache in the anus all day long. Had many tests and seen colorectal surgeons who confirm it is a stress related illness. The only time I have no paineed is while I'm asleep or drunk haha. I guess my muscles relax during both these incidents. Anyway went back to the docs to ask for some pain relief. He didn't want to give me muscle relaxers because they make you feel bad and he said it's just feeding the problem in my head. He did a full check up inside and out and all is well. Just the tender tight muscles in the anus. He has advised diltiazem cream, regular paracetamol and to see a physio therapist. I saw a physio a few months ago who located the tight muscle and did internal massage. I stopped going though because I thought it was just reminding me of this problem. But like my gp says, I guess you have to help with the physical symptoms and the mental symptoms. I have had this on and off for 6 years. Don't get me wrong I can have a year or so with no problems but it comes back when I get stressed. It came back in September. I had been fine for 18 months and I had a bowel movement and felt a tiny twinge. For some reason I was like oh my God don't come back, don't think about it and boom. All I could do was think about it and it was back. I am always googling and looking for help and am very much obsessed over it. Which I know makes it worse. But I'm going to try physio to help massage the muscles. I have nothing to loose. At times when I'm really distracted or happy I hardly feel a thing.
Alfaman147
Salt Bather

Topics: 8