Sitting vs Standing

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sitting vs Standing

Postby Guest » 11 May 2008, 18:29

Hello All,
Trying to figure something out. My husband can work in the yard all day in no pain while he is standing. He sits for 5 minutes and the fissure annoys him. Before he couldnt stand either now he can. Is that a sign of healing?
Melissa

Re: Sitting vs Standing

Postby Guest » 11 May 2008, 18:38

I would definitely say so. Any improvement over the comfort level in activity is a great sign!

Postby cherylk » 11 May 2008, 18:40

I have a lot of troubling sitting but no trouble standing. I told my Mayo CRS doc about this, and she seemed to understand why it would hurt me to sit. I think it is the added weight/pressure on the butt. That is my opinion.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 May 2008, 19:00

Well, if my spasms were coming on, it didn't mater if I was sitting or standing, but sitting surely could bring them on much easier!
The overall intensity and duration of the pain should be taken into account, and also the fact that this is a chronic fissure should be considered. Fissures will fool you into thinking they are healed, then remind you otherwise which can be despairing. I personally wouldn't believe I was healing until I went over a week without any real pain, not with a chronic fissure.
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 11 May 2008, 20:55

I agree with Kim, : (. Chronic fissure is not easy beast to kill ...As soon as you think it is gone it comes back with a vengeance. Same goes with healing - as soon as you think that it will never go away it suddenly feels so much better. Just the most maddening torture device havens invented Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jo » 12 May 2008, 12:47

I know what you mean about being fooled into thinking the fissure is getting better.
Last week for two days I thought Wow Image , I am feeling better and this beast is healing, then I had two bad :( days.
Sometimes it feels like it is going to heal
and other times I feel like it will Never heal. Image
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby buttgirl » 12 May 2008, 12:49

Also different part of the fissure may heal quicker than others. that might explain the changing nature of the pain. Pain is relative, so it may have hurt more to sit before, where now it hurts more to stand.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Sorerumpie » 13 May 2008, 07:54

Melissa, I think he's on track for recovery and healing .
But as the others said - it could be short lived if he doesn't continue to keep conditions right for the fissure to heal.
I thought I'de chime in on this because I am about 80% healed up myself . But I know that it can very quickly come back with a vengence if I don't watch what I eat and keep it clean etc..
And finally, I can sit straight up for short periods before the hard knot at 6 oclock starts to hurt ........ it's a very slow healing process !!!
Keep the faith Baby !
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 13 May 2008, 09:59

I would rather stand than sit. Sitting can bring on this nagging ache. Melissa sounds like he might be healing , but just tell him don't let his guard down with it and be aware that it may still be ther.
Patty

Postby lars » 13 May 2008, 13:00

I also feel the more i sit the more pain i get. With a fissure every day is not the same i feel. Some days everything hurts and sometimes it helps standing.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5