Hi I'm new - 2 days out of botox procedure

Have had fissure for 6 months and super depressed

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi I'm new - 2 days out of botox procedure

Postby TheBaron » 07 Dec 2017, 06:52

Hi everyone, I found this forum recently in my quest to find some information on my issue

A little about me, I'm 29, male, father of two under two and happily married for 8 years. I am generally healthy, within my weight to age and height ranges and have had no history of bowel problems.

It all starts one day shortly after my daughter was born. I had a bm and slight sting afterwards. Nothing too suspicious so I ignored it. Within a day it was a crippling pain that had spread to my kidneys, lower back, bum cheeks, legs and all. I couldn't walk straight or without support. I wanted to cry this pain was so bad. I left it for a day hoping it would get better and was too ashamed to tell my wife about it. The next day I woke up feeling even worse, I told her what was up and I booked to see a gp that morning. This gp I visited listened to my symptoms and then immediately did a digital examination. It sky rocketed the pain so much :verysad: he was only in there for half a second before I screamed to him to stop.

He suspected an internal hemerhoid and prescribed an ointment named sheriproct. I used this for four days and it did not alleviate anything

I sought a second opinion from another gp, who was wise enough to not even try to do a digital examination. He just had a quick look and said he could see a fissure. He referred me to the hospital and in the meantime gave me tramadol and valium for pain relief and comfort. I was able to finally sleep that night.

I continued seeing him for months while waiting on my hospital visit and he kept giving me the pills. I finally got a letter from the hospital but it wasn't for a crs, it was for a colonoscopy. I was disheartened but knew it needed to be done. The day before the colonoscopy was hell, just the preparation you have to do, with that sewer water stuff :oops: the day of colonoscopy was good and they viewed the fissure which showed it had granulations, and they found a polyp which they also removed. I was again refereed within the hospital to see a crs. I waited ages for this appointment. It wasn't for surgery, but a consult. In this period I had also found rectogesic and been using that regularly. Not sure if it was helping or not.

The day of the consult I spoke to the crs. He mentioned he would do botox procedure. I had never heard of it, I only knew of LIS from my searching online. He assured me it was safer and easier to recover from and any issues that may arise would not be permanent. I was back on the waiting list for this procedure.

Two months went by and I didn't hear anything. My pain was getting worse and worse. It got to a point earlier this week that I checked myself into ed, with severe pain and a racing heart. They admitted me and put me on the emergency list for surgery. I had surgery Tuesday morning. The botox procedure. It was quick and I was asleep thru it under GA. I woke up feeling tired but with no pain. It was great. I was discharged that night. A day and a half went by with minimal pain, life was good. But then last night I started having diarrhoea. I have been to the toilet over ten times in 24hrs. It feels like I am passing glass shards. I want to cry again. I can't believe this is back. I am super depressed, after feeling so good for a day only to go back to this so soon after.

I am trying to keep my hopes up, it is still early days, by the time you have read this it would be 60-72 hours after surgery.

I had to go to Ed again because I was feeling light headed, dizzy and an accelerated hr. I was discharged shortly after, told that I was fine and it was anxiety.

I really hope the diarrhoea goes away. I may need to adjust my fibre supplement and lactulose intake. I'm hungry but afraid to eat more in case of passing hard stools.

Thank you for reading
TheBaron

Topics: 1

Re: Hi I'm new - 2 days out of botox procedure

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Dec 2017, 07:44

Hi sorry to hear your suffering,
Unfortunately diarrhoea can be even worse for a fissure than constipation as it is highly acidic and will burn not only the fissure but the whole area.
Don’t worry that you have gone backwards though as Botox can take two weeks to fully kick in and when I had my Botox my crohns flared but the spasms never came back, though the burning came if I went more than 5 times.
Botox can work really well, it gave me many pain free months and there have been a lot of members on here who have been healed by Botox.
It will get better just try and get the BMs under control and you can always apply your GTN if you feel it helps.
This pain is the worst I have ever had.....childbirth, crohns, broken bones pale in comparison to the agony of a fissure.
Good luck
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby TheBaron » 07 Dec 2017, 08:07

Hi mypoorbutt, thank you so much for your response. I have been refreshing this page like a mad man just to hear something back.

I have been feeling so strange and just sobbing uncontrollably and this is very unlike me. A lot of emotions are flooding thru. The fact that I have been unable to help my wife taking care of the children, being unable to play with my son, just a general unhappiness and depression for the past few months.

I am not sure how to get my bm to go back to being formed and soft but I will try changing the dosages of fibrogen and dropping the lactulose. I will try eating more veges and fibre from tomorrow. I have been t the toilet pretty much every hour For 24 hours now and I am feeling super helpless. I know I'm only 2 days into post botox but I just am so anxious and worried about not healing. A fissure is something I would never even wish upon my worst enemy if I had one. :sadd:
TheBaron

Topics: 1

Postby Hopefull123 » 07 Dec 2017, 14:41

Hi, I hope your pain will go away soon, but first you have to get the diarrhea under control, because it causes your mussels to contract. Stop all laxatives for now and dont go overboard with the fiber because bulkier stools may nit be a good idea at the beginning healing stage. Stop eating gluten and dairy, as they harden stools and cause inflammation. You can test out diet plan and see which one works best for you. Try to stay calm as much as possible, as stress causes all muscles in the body to tense.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Fissurefrustration » 08 Dec 2017, 15:43

Hi TheBaron,

I'm a 27 year old male and I can fully sympathise. I've been suffering with my fissure for around 4 years now but I remember very well what it was like when it first started. A few tips from me:
Keep pushing to see a CRS as soon as possible, you want to nip this in the bud before the fissure becomes chronic.
have a shallow warm bath after every BM without fail, just sit there and let it clean your butt without using paper! it will help with spasms and rash off the acidic nature of your loose stool
be careful of tramadol - it's an opiate and yes will help your pain however it can cause serious constipation and have adverse side effects, it's addictive in nature and will be hard to wean yourself off.
drink plenty of water, have porridge with fibre every morning. avoid caffeine if possible.
avoid the gym! any straining or lifting can aggravate everything back there and encourage haemorrhoids to form.
if GTN doesn't work for you or causes headaches try diltiazem cream, and use it religiously.
finally, if you notice an improvement and you become symptom-free at any point - Brilliant! but don't stop your treatment. Keep at it for a good while after symptoms have cleared to prevent a re-tear.

if all else fails and you still have symptoms after any treatment, ask for a pressure test or bio-feedback, that way you can ascertain if LIS surgery would be beneficial to see if you have a high resting pressure.

All the best for your recovery and please keep us posted.

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56