LORDS PROCEDURE FOR FISSURE IN ANO

SEARCHING FOR EXPERIENCES WITH THE SURGERY

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

LORDS PROCEDURE FOR FISSURE IN ANO

Postby HJ22 » 16 Dec 2017, 11:01

:thankyou: Hello everyone.... I m new to this site... 2 weeks ago I went for anal fissure surgery to treat my 6 year old fissure... my Surgeon performed Lords procedure + hemarrhoidectomy(3rd grade haemarrhoid) on me... although I am healing well..but later I came to know about LIS procedure via internet and read a lot of bad things about lords procedure...now since I have already undergone surgery so I can't do anything about it, but reading various comparisons between LIS and Lords along with a lot of studies regarding high incontinence rates in case of Lords procedure..I am totally freaking out... also I cannot find a good amount of success stories regarding this surgery... So, if anyone can help..I will be heartily thankful.... I am from India...32 year old healthy male...
HJ22

Topics: 1

Re: LORDS PROCEDURE FOR FISSURE IN ANO

Postby patience_and_healing » 26 Dec 2017, 12:08

So sorry you're going through this stress. If you're feeling ok so far and healing well then try not to stress about what may happen. It all depends on the skill level of the surgeon who did your operation. If you're concerned then definitely go back and ask if he's had to deal with any of his patients becoming incontinent.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40