Never say never I guess ; /

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Never say never I guess ; /

Postby Fissulyna » 13 May 2008, 00:57

Thanks Jen for reassurance Image !!! I hope that you are right Image ! I am also trying to reassure myself that she will cut minimally and carefully since she hates to cut Image I also find it mind boggling that I will get Botox - the very thing I was terrified of - so much that I chose LIS to escape it and now I have to have it :pale: . I guess- life is such Image
I am so glad that you are doing so much better (knock the wood) and that you found true underlying cause of your fissure Image I am sure you will heal in no time now since you attacked it from all fronts Image !
All the best :'\;redbud:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 13 May 2008, 09:54

Fissy,
Botox does not hurt at all. I had no swelling or pain the rest of the day. This morning was a bit uncomfortable, but tolerable I am watching my diet real careful. I think you will be ok after what I read. Sounds like you have a great doctor! Don't be afraid of Botox Fissy, I have had no problems or after affects from it.
Patty

Postby buttgirl » 13 May 2008, 10:14

Hi Fiss,
Sounds like a great plan. The botox shouldn't be a problem if done correctly. It should relax the area for sure. And snipping with cauterization sounds like the best way to handle the skin tag. Sounds like your doc know what she's doing.
Let us know how it goes.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby juney » 13 May 2008, 10:30

i think cauterization sounds like a good method for helping the skin tag removal area heal. i had cauterization done a few weeks ago, and the whole idea of it really seems to make sense, although it hasn't done a thing to help my wound...
i can totally understand your anxiety over this new surgery. i'm being scheduled soon for another surgery and i'm wondering if it'll just make things worse. the amount of pain i'm in everyday now is tolerable with otc meds. i don't want to have surgery and be worse off than i am now! it's a tough decision. but all we can do is keep trying things, and one day maybe something will do the trick!
i hope these procedures will help you finally be rid of this problem!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 13 May 2008, 11:09

Yeah, it is a tough call, to keep the pain we know or possibly trade if for something better....or worse. But I think we all reach a point that we know we can't go on like this and are willing to take a step. Let us know what we can do for you.

Jen-so glad the RBL helped you and you are noticing improvement. I am so happy for you!!!! That is such good news. Hemmies are such a bane to humankind-makes me want to walk on four legs to avoid them like animals.

Postby Fissulyna » 13 May 2008, 18:39

Thank you all again for your input and support Image , I will keep you posted about my new decisions and procedures and possible end of my now 10 month plight :pale: ! Tomorrow I have app. with another CRS and I will than know better how to proceed in my fight for pain free butt :$($$!: .
Patty - thanks for more detailed info Image , can you just tell me one more thing :please: ? On the scale of 1 to 10 - what is the level of pain when needle "goes into the muscle" and what do you do about mild discomfort that you feel today - do you take any pain meds or take soaks or maybe something else. Do you feel pain during BM or it is just generalized pain "in the butt" ? Do they give you any sedation before the procedure?
Thanks a bunch in advance!!!
I am so worked up that I can't sleep Image
LOVE TO ALL :_):
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jo » 13 May 2008, 19:14

Image Good luck tomorrow, hope you get a great recommendation for your 2nd opinion that you will feel really comfortable with.
Take care. Hope you get a good nights sleep. :snoopys:
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 13 May 2008, 19:30

Good luck and best wishes. Tonight I have been telling my husband about this group.
Cheryl K.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby buttgirl » 14 May 2008, 10:23

hey fiss,
they don't go through the external muscle. they go through the canal and into the internal sphincter. it is definitely uncomfortale, but not as painful as fissure pain. You can't even feel stuff being injected into the muscle, you can just feel the prick at the injection site. I had mine just bent over in the drs office with no lidocaine. I wouldn't recomend it that way, as I think the CRS was off his mark and I was left with a burning soreness that lasted a few months. the dr injected through a forming hemmie--I had 2 shots and that was the only one that bothered me. You might have some minor soreness at the injection sites, but it should not really be noticable. It should feel more like a pinprick on your finger tip does and last less than 3 days.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 14 May 2008, 10:59

Fissy,
I did not feel the shot I was put out for ini t and brought into the OR. I do have some soreness though. He said it would take a week to kick in. The only thing I take is Advil for pain. So I did not feel a thing when he injected me.
Patty