Traded one pain for another

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Traded one pain for another

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 08:56

Saw my CRS on Thursday cause I was still having some pain and discomfort especially on the right side were he made the LIS incision. He said the fissure was all healed but that I have some swelling at the incision site that seems to be the root of my current pain. It appears that the LIS incision did not heal correctly. If the swelling doesn't go down he will have to reopen the incision. To top it off, Saturday I started to get fissure pain on the right side again. The strange thing is that it came out of nowhere. Had regular BM and then after a couple of hours it started. Needless to say I'm super depressed. June 1st will be a year since I was diagnosed with this thing. I really thought that LIS would help me finally see an end to this.

Re: Traded one pain for another

Postby Jo » 19 May 2008, 09:16

So :*8*: to hear you are having this problem.
Praying you will have no more pain or discomfort this week and it will go away as quickly as it came.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 09:30

I am sorry to hear that. I know how frustrating it can be. I didn't heal up from my surgery and had to be reopened and it can be so discouraging. But it was the thing that turned it around though. It will get better. Your butt has gone through a lot and I am fnding that even though things may look healed that the nerves down there need some time to heal as well from the trauma. Please try to control the pain so you are not feeling desperate at all.

Prayers for you,
Lecia

Postby buttgirl » 19 May 2008, 10:14

hi BI,
I'm so sorry to hear that things are not going quite as planned. i am not healed yet either (my fissure was huge--leftover from an abscess drainage, so I guess that's to be expected), but i haven't had the disappointing setback like you had. My incision area sometimes still hurts too, even though it is healed. Scars do that, both fissure scars and incision scars. Like lecia says, please do take some pain meds. It's not necessary to suffer at this point.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 10:54

Thanks guys! I've actually scheduled an appointment for next week with another CRS to get a second opinion. I'll keep you updated.

Postby Guest » 19 May 2008, 14:18

Sorry to read your news...I do hope you feel better soon.
Good luck for the second opinion...
Last edited by Guest on 19 May 2008, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.

Postby val » 19 May 2008, 14:37

I'm really sorry to hear that too. Hope things settle down soon and you get back on the road to healing quickly.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 19 May 2008, 14:49

Oh BI, I am so sorry that your butt is still acting up :( ! Me and many members here know exactly how discouraging and frustrating that can be Image. I hope you will find the way to relieve the pain - I can not take anything but Tylenol. I wish you luck with your new CRS !!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 19 May 2008, 18:34

I am really sorry to hear about this. Hopefully, things will look up soon. I too, can get depressed at times. Hang in there buddy! We are here for you! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby happyass » 23 May 2008, 19:37

bum,
please don't get all down yet. you are in recovery. and when i saw my CRS and booked my LIS he said that it would take about a year for recovery and two years to feel back to normal......but at least for the very least a good 6-8 weeks for the incision to just heal well.
so although you have been through this for a year now, it may not be that long that you will be all well.....
just keep your head up and keep taking care of your butt!
it will all happen in time.........
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74