Anal fissure cured in 4 days

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Anal fissure cured in 4 days

Postby Thato1990 » 17 Feb 2018, 18:59

How I cured my anal fissure. (Feel free to skip down to "What worked" if you don't want to read the back story.
What I used/bought*
· Bathroom trash bin (regular ol’ trash bin. I already had one).
· A Sitz Bath (Specifically, I bought the “Yunga Tart Seatz Bath” off of amazon, for $17. You put it on your toilet, and it has an IV-like puch to continue pouring hot water into the sitz bath’s basin.
· Petroleum Jelly (Mine had cocoa butter in it, but I don’t know if the cocoa butter in the petroleum jelly any difference. I don’t think so, but go for it, I’d say.)
· MOST IMPORTANTLY – this oil I found online: H-Fissures Formula, by HealingNaturalOils (or Amoils).
· Medicated Pads

How I got the fissure:
I am 28 now, and I was 23 when I got the fissure. I am generally on a high protein diet, and I tend to eat over 200 grams of protein a day when I’m sticking to a muscle/mass-building regimen. This may not be the case for other young gentlemen, but my stools are significantly larger when I am on these diets. Mix that with little fiber and little water: recipe for a disaster, as was my case.

So at 23, I experienced the first pains of an anal fissure (terribly painful bowel movements, fear of having to do #2, the throbbing afterwards). However, until I was 27, I just dealt with the fissure by laying off the proteins, by drinking lots of water (good overall health decision anyway), and by making sure I got my daily fiber. The fissure would (mostly) heal after a couple of days. I’d go weeks without any blood/painful bowel movement, but, after 4 years of dealing with sporadic episodes, I was (and still am) convinced that this is something that I’ll always have, or at the very least be susceptible to.

The Last Straw
In 2017, at age 27, I again had a large bowel movement, due to the high protein diet. But this particular case led to the most excruciating moments that I can remember. So bad that I would writhe for hours on end after a bowel movement, being unable to stand or sit upright for any extended period of time. It was the worst pain I had experienced since ever developing the fissure 4 years prior.

What I initially tried (i.e. what didn’t work)
For 1 week, I fasted, eating only fish oil and vitamin A capsules in the morning. The goal was to not have a single bowel movement for a week, so that the fissure would presumably heal itself (and I had found a website where someone else who had a fissure stated that this would work). But after the week was done, my stupid ass decided to have an omelet as my first meal to break the fast (I think it might have been a steak omelet, I’m embarrassed to say). My next bowel movement was the worst that I had ever had.
After that, I pulled no punches. I was going to subdue this plague.

What worked (How I got healed):
1. Poop all you can poop, and then fast for several days (4 days worked for me).

Explanation: The goal here to have no bowel movements, while you take other measures to heal the fissure. The other measures follow.

a. Poop, squatting. Turn your trash can over, put your feet up on it, and let gravity handle the rest.

Explanation: Since age 23 (when I first got my fissure), I’ve found that gravity does a much better job of moving one’s bowels than the “pushing” our Western society now thinks is normal. Go look it up online; our bodies are made to defecate in a squatting position; not the “normal” sitting position. I squatted at 23, and I haven’t looked back since. It’s a rare day that I don’t find something to put my feet on, when I poop.

2. Get your anus clean after pooping. Showers are best. Medicated wipes if you can’t shower.

Explanation: After pooping, the best thing is to take a shower, and thoroughly wash your anus. Get the soap, and get all up in there. Finger yourself, honestly. You want the healing process to have as little germs as possible, germs which could slow the healing process.

3. Do a sitz bath after you have both pooped AND cleaned your anus. Make sure your feet are on top of the over-turned trash can. Maximize the anal exposure to the hot water, and spread the cheeks. Do this for 15 minutes. Twice a day for four days did it for me.
a. The sitz bath that I bought off of amazon came with an IV-like pouch that could store more warm water for your 15-minute sitz baths (that’s how long I would do them).
b. I read that the warm water increases blood circulation to the anus, quickening the healing process. The pouch was helpful because the water in the actual sitz basin would cool quickly, and, when that happened, all I would have to do was unpinch the plastic tube between the pouch and the basin, in order keep the basin replenished with warm water.
i. Note – I would scald my water on the kitchen stove before pouring it into the pouch. Was probably too hot (the opening to the pouch became deformed, no biggie, still worked), but I made sure that the water was at the peak temperature I could handle on my butt. Exactly like you’d see in that old Bugs Bunny cartoon when he would ease himself into a “hot tub”.

4. Wash your hands thoroughly, and apply the H-Fissures Formula to the fissure. Again, get all up in there and finger yourself. Don’t let any part of that fissure get neglected.
I stand by this formula, whatever the hell it is.

5. Apply a somewhat liberal amount of petroleum jelly to the same area as you applied the H-Fissures Formula. Get. All. Up. In There.

Explanation – the goal here is to keep the fissure and the area around it moist. The moisture aids with the healing process. And the petroleum jelly applied to a clean booty hole keeps the germs/contaminants from interfering with your body’s self-healing.

In sum, I did this for 4 days; I pooped, fasted, ate only fish oil capsules and vitamin A pills in the morning, had no bowel movements, cleaned my booty hole in the shower, did a hot-water sitz bath twice a day (one before work, and one at some point after work), applied the H-Fissures Formula with Petroleum Jelly, and had a smoooooooth bowel movement thereafter.

Let me know if this works for you. I’m so glad I have my life back.
Thato1990

Topics: 1

Re: Anal fissure cured in 4 days

Postby patience_and_healing » 18 Feb 2018, 11:18

It's great that you healed yourself and long may your pain free life continue. However I feel your post needs some balance for the desperate person who finds it and wants to follow your directions. Soap is not a good idea for the anal canal. It's a naturally germy environment. Soap damages the delicate mucosa, dries it out and thus potentially causing more problems. Too much hot water will cause the same issue as well. Gentle heat is best. Fasting for four days straight also sounds pretty drastic and could cause some to faint from lack of food.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Mypoorbutt » 18 Feb 2018, 14:04

I’m so happy you healed so quick but just a little note that it may not work for everyone as people have fissures for different reasons and some can be superficial or small whilst others can be long and down to the muscle.
I myself fasted for 7 days on numerous occasions during my fissure journey and on one occasion for 2 weeks as it felt like eating = pooping = torturing myself. None of this worked to heal my fissure and nothing would as my resting tone was very high over 130, normal is 80/100.
Again I’m so glad you healed I wouldn’t wish spasms on anyone but people who don’t heal following your successful measures need to understand that there could be reasons why
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Thato1990 » 18 Feb 2018, 14:41

patience_and_healing wrote:It's great that you healed yourself and long may your pain free life continue. However I feel your post needs some balance for the desperate person who finds it and wants to follow your directions. Soap is not a good idea for the anal canal. It's a naturally germy environment. Soap damages the delicate mucosa, dries it out and thus potentially causing more problems. Too much hot water will cause the same issue as well. Gentle heat is best. Fasting for four days straight also sounds pretty drastic and could cause some to faint from lack of food.

I appreciate your reply. And I thank you for your words of caution. It's true that my recommendations sound a bit drastic, and I guess they all reflect the real desperation that I myself felt when nothing else had been working.

So my recommendations are really the totality of all the routes that I pursued simultaneously, without knowing (to this day) which specific routes were critical to my healing, and which ones weren't. Best stated, it's very possible that, to some degree, I healed *despite* some of my drastic measures, and not entirely *because* of them.

To your point about using soap: well-taken, although I, in all my ignorance, don't know if it's best to not, at least in some way, wash your anus. I don't think you're suggesting that. I think you're suggesting to be careful about overdoing it, lest you make the anus too dry.

To that, I guess I'd emphasize that I only shower once a day, and that the application of the H-fissures oil with the petroleum jelly ensured and facilitated the anus' natural moisture. Washing the anus WITHOUT any application of moisture-encouraging agent is a no-go, I would agree. It's probably the reason why my initial 7 day fast (that originally didn't fix the fissure) didn't work; I'd just clean my anus with soap and get on with my day.

To your point about my fasting: let me temper what I said in my original post. My fasting consisted of eating a couple things during the day (like crackers and popcorn) that would *not* cause me to have a bowel movement. I just, in good faith, thought that if I qualified my recommendation to fast, then readers would eat to the point of having a bowel movement, undoing the healing process.

I am by no means a medical professional, so I welcome all criticisms and cautions. But I will say again, though my measures were a bit drastic, after 4 days, I was able to go back to my regular life (with of course, proper hydration, fiber, and squat-pooping).
Thato1990

Postby patience_and_healing » 19 Feb 2018, 02:15

It's great that all of this worked for you. I think plain water is best for washing, some used balneol as well but I found it unnecessary to add one more product to the area. According to what I've read it takes two years for the tissue to regain it's former strength, so those of us who think we are healed will still need to be cautious for quite a while afterwards.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby pony » 14 Apr 2018, 01:31

Thank you for sharing your story. Now it is 2 months on, are you still feeling cured?

I haven't felt a need to poop today. These days are the best for me where I don't even pay much mind to the fissure. Even if it doesn't help the fissure heal, just having the day of respite from the terrible spasms is worth it. I never thought of fasting as a technique for recovery. I too have been eating a protein heavy diet for building muscle. But I'm inspired to try a short fast now. I've done up to 3 days in the past and if producing less poop leads to healing or even just a long respite from the pain, I'm all in.

Big ups for the perfect Bugs Bunny video!
pony

Postby Thato1990 » 12 Jul 2018, 18:58

So, I'm the original poster, and I thought that I would give you all an update, for whomever might have tried my recommendations.

1. Because I'm still on my high protein diet, I have large stools, but they are generally manageable (i.e. there's no tearing and bleeding) if I keep up the water and the fiber. Some days I don't do that, and I regret it.
2. So, on the rare days that I DO tear the fissure again (i.e. I bleed), I lay off the high protein...
3. BUT I DO NOT FAST (which is great, because fasting for four days sucks). I have found that if, for one day, I 1) lay off the protein, 2) thoroughly wash the anus, 3) apply the H-fissures oil AND petroleum jelly to the fissure, and 4) just have a regular food with no added protein, my fissure is back to manageable after one day.

So now, I think that the original fasting regimen that I recommended in my original post is only necessary if you're at the super chronic stage that I found myself in last year, around this time.

But, if you're facing a slight re-tear, fasting, at least for me, is too drastic. For slight re-tears, lay off the protein (if you're on a diet like mine), eat regular food, shower, and use the oil/petroleum jelly mix, for a day or two.

You won't need the sitz bath. But you SHOULD still poop with your legs elevated. Every time.
Thato1990