Upcoming keloid removal surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Upcoming keloid removal surgery

Postby Jo » 31 May 2008, 07:19

Thanks Kim! How bout just prunes? I have some of them but no juice in the house.
:koolaid:
Melissa,
No, I had a keloid scar removed from stomach area.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 31 May 2008, 07:24

Jo,
I'll keep sending you healing energy and prayers. You might try meditation.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 31 May 2008, 07:59

Dear Jo,
I am glad the procedure went well...
Plenty of fluids with them prunes :)
I wish you a speedy recovery
x

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 May 2008, 08:03

Yes, plain old prunes should work! Like Tabby said, keep the fluids flowing!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 31 May 2008, 12:46

Yeaaaaay Image - Jo has jumped over one more obstacle to pain free life : ) !!! Congrats Jo on your fast recovery and don't worry too much about poop - you ate a little and Miralax should keep it soft ! Try also some dried apricots
or apricot baby food - it always made my kids "go" if I suspected them on a "slow side" LOL, and a day without 2 poops was an alarming for me LOL !!!
I wish you fast forward recovery and may NO new scars form and may it all heal smooth as a baby-butt ; )) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 31 May 2008, 23:47

Jo -
I am glad everything went well! I was thinking about you! Keep us updated and keep taking that Miralax! Image
:cinderella:
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Jo » 01 Jun 2008, 07:12

Hi Image guys and gals ,
Thanks for all the well wishes. Things are going pretty well here for me. I had some prunes, too, but yesterday I ended up taking some senokot because things started feeling a little constipating, couldn't go, small little pieces, etc. It worked a few hours later and I was very happy to be able to Go! Yeah!! The butt is a little sore but not too bad. Still using the nifidipine and vit E. I took little pain meds yesterday, only 1/2 darvocet and some advil, I think I am on the mend!
The main concern I have is the reformation of the keloid, I believe there is a 50/50 Image chance of it coming back. Hopefully it will be caught early and treated with steroids, also the mederma and silicone strips, as soon as the cut is healed a bit. The Dr. told me that the scar was very tough and he broke a needle Image trying to sew back together.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 01 Jun 2008, 10:58

Glad you made it through, Jo!

I have heard really good things about the silicone strips. I have 3 abdominal scars and use mederma and vitamin E. I also had a very pronounced scar on my neck from a surgery that took years to fade. I was going to look into cortisone therapy too but it did finally start to shrink down. I have to be careful to put sunblock on these areas.

I haven't tried the sennakot but I bet it is essentially the same as Senna leaves which I do take. Glad you got that going again. Sometimes you just need a push in the right direction.

Hope your scar will respond. The ones that healed better for me were the ones that I iced right after surgery. I know it can be painful. When I had a kidney removed, my scar was so sensitive that I had to put a maxipad on the inside of my clothes to kind of protect it from scraping on my garments.

Postby Jo » 01 Jun 2008, 11:47

Thanks Lecia,
I will try the ice. Sorry :( to hear about your kidney. Hope all that is healed. My scar is sensitive so I am wearing very loose dresses. My Dr. said I can try vit e but it probably doesn't work on keloids, but I don't think it could cause any harm and may help.
I am not supposed to start the silicone strips until there is no longer a scab on my incision otherwise it could cause a yeast infection. I am impatient to get started, I used the silicone last time but they didn't seem to help, about 6 weeks. Maybe they need to be used longer and sooner. Also the Dr.'s office is getting them for me and they may stick better.
Did you have a Dr's appt this week in WF?
I like your picture - very pretty :) .
The sennokot worked great, though I try not to use it too often. I think it is senna, just a name brand laxative. Now I'll just stick to the miralax for awhile along with fiber. I think I needed a little boost from the surgery.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 01 Jun 2008, 12:06

Hey Jo,
Thanks-my hubbie and I went to a wedding last night. I don't think he wants to be on the AF site though.

I did have an appointment at WF. He said that the incision is healed even though I say it doesnt' feel as if is it healed. He said that area hopefully will calm down and not be so sensitive but there really isn't anything else he can do so he is recommending I stick with alternative therapies like chiropractic, neuromuscular massage therapy, etc. I am going in three times a week to uses a TENS unit at the chiros and that seems to help with the pain.

Was it a plastic surgeon that did the surgery?