Upcoming keloid removal surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Upcoming keloid removal surgery

Postby Jo » 02 Jun 2008, 08:21

:hi: Lecia,
Glad the TENS unit helps some with the pain. I know what you mean about sensitivity, my fissure and unhealed wounds seem better, ie, they don't bleed much, but I can still feel them and they are very tender. I am happy, though, I am not having the long muscle spasms I had previously.
I was fretting Image before surgery wondering if I should have a plastic surgeon do my surgery. I did have my gynocologist perform it though, he did my surgery last summer. He is wonderful. Numerous nurses and other Dr.s have told me he is meticulous and usually has the best looking scars. I feel very comfortable with him and really like him. He also has consulted several times with a plastic surgeon to be up to date with current treatments and advice. It seemed easier to have him do the surgery so I wouldn't have to travel out of town and i really trust him. Hoping it was the right decision. I guess if things start forming again I can go to a plastic surgeon a few hours away. Unfortunately there are limited treatments available.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 08:31

I am sure it will be fine. I know that most insurances won't cover a plastic surgeon to do that type of surgery anyway. I think their are techniques that help minimize scarring. The one that did my nephrectomy wasn't one of them though! Image

Postby Jo » 02 Jun 2008, 08:40

It did cross my mind that insurance was more likely to question the surgery if a plastic surgeon did the surgery.
Nephrectomy? Is that kidney removal? Were you having problems with your kidney?
Hope your other one works really well.... :truebud: How is your scar doing?
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 17:40

Hey Jo,

Yes, the nephrectomy is the kindey removal. Fortunately my other one works just fine (knock on wood).

My scar is about 12 inches long on my side. It is flat but you can see where the staples were. This was done in 1992-now they can do it laproscopically!

How are you doing today?

Postby Jo » 02 Jun 2008, 17:58

Hi Lecia,
Bummer you couldn't do it laproscopically, that would be much better. Wow, 12 inches is pretty long, mine is about 7 1/2. Guess we have battle scars! Really glad your other kidney is good though.
Image The day has been a little discouraging. Some pain in the butt and some bleeding there also. I've had lots of gas and some cramping. Think I've been doing too much the last few days and things are catching up to me. My incision is swollen and bleeding some, think I will try some ice tonight. Guess I need to slow down, sometimes that is a struggle for me. Thanks for asking, sorry Image the answer is so....long!
Hope your day is better. Image
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 18:31

Yes, please slow down! That is so critical for your healing. And keep that ice on the incision. That really made the most difference in the appearance of my scars I got from the hernia repair last Summer.

I bet everything is just working itself out-I was so bloated after surgery I almost went in for an x-ray I was so worried. I really felt like the MOM got me through the surgeries. If ever I start bleeding or feel like I have scratched it I increase the MOM a bit.

Hang in there!

Postby Jo » 02 Jun 2008, 19:47

Thanks for the encouragement! Image
I will slow down. My husband is going out of town for a few days so I am going to relax and be a bum.
:snoopys:
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist