Aftermath of CRS exam with anuscope

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Aftermath of CRS exam with anuscope

Postby cherylk » 30 May 2008, 04:48

Guys and gals,
What about a re-examination by a CRS with an anuscope? I have had two prior exams by two different CRS's with an anuscope, and both times I was sore afterwards, the second time sore for several days. However, during those two separate exams I did not yet have a fissure. Does a re-exam with an anuscope usually reopen "things" and make the situation worse? I am not healed yet, and if I choose to go elsewhere to get Botox (they don't do it in my area), I am certain that I will have to undergo an exam with an anuscope prior to receiving Botox. I welcome any feedback. Thanks in advance.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Re: Aftermath of CRS exam with anuscope

Postby Guest » 30 May 2008, 07:36

Most doctors won't use an anoscope if you have an active fissure as it can irritate things. Much of the time a fissure can be visualized by just spreading on the outside. So it is possible you may not even need to go that far to convince a new doctor that you might be a good candidate for botox.

Postby cherylk » 30 May 2008, 07:44

Thanks for the feedback, Lecia. My local CRS doc thinks I am healed from doing his last visualization as you described it, but I think there could be more upwards that he has not been able to visualize.
You are cute as a mermaid! I'd like to change my picture, but I am not as creative as you and some of the others. I hope that you are doing fine.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby buttgirl » 30 May 2008, 09:29

My current CRS wont' do one. he doesn't want to damage the healing that has taken place. Doing one under anesthesia wouldn't be that bad, no accidental tension. Perhaps that's a way to go. Frankly, I'd run the other way and find a new CRS if he insists on the scope.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 May 2008, 10:08

I'd like to go get one done just for old-times sake!
Not!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 30 May 2008, 12:59

I definitely think that it can do the damage ! I even wonder if my initial "scratch" this time around turned to real fissure due to 2 anoscope exams : (...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 01 Jun 2008, 16:49

I have a scope each time I go to my CRS and other than my first visit I have had no problems. But I take my happy pills to relax me. I also take a bath and use my creams before I go.
Patty

Postby juney » 05 Jun 2008, 09:35

i had an anoscope exam 2 months ago and it was HELL. it ripped my healing wound open and basically made me start from scratch. it's taken this long to get back to a place where i feel comfortable everyday. no more anoscopes for me! those things are too big to be going into such a tight area...especially for fissure sufferers!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Jen » 05 Jun 2008, 22:29

Cheryl -
How is your healing going? If your recently healed, an anoscope could do some damage. I think I am at the point where it does not make a difference.
I think most the time a fissure can be diagnosed without the pain of an anoscope.
I always get the anoscope because of my hemmies!!! :(
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 06 Jun 2008, 08:58

Jen,
Thanks for your interest in my healing progress! I am doing better, and I went to see my local family doc for a checkup yesterday. Good news and bad news--the good news is that he told me I am probably his healthiest patient! I am assuming he based that comment on my resting heart rate (which is low), my BP (which was good), and the heart sounds he heard when he listened. The bad news is that he told me that I have the most classic case of IBS-C he has ever seen. He told me I should be in a text book!!!!! Also said that he was surprised I was not up to taking Miralax 3 x's daily. So, now I have been dwelling on the bad part--thinking that I am the most naturally constipated person in existence, instead of dwelling on being his healthiest patient!! I should add that he has only been practicing for about a year as he is just out of his residency.
I don't know if I like him or not. I am trying to forge a good relationship with him, but he seems somewhat cocky to me (as are many docs in my humble opinion). He thought that I should probably stay on the ointment for another month as fissures take awhile to heal. I am finishing up my 7th week right now and plan to at least continue through next week. I don't think I have used a lot, so I think I easily have enough for another month as my initial tube is still not empty. I am just focused now on trying to regulate my bowels and worrying about being OK in that way. His comments about my colon did not really add to me having a good feeling about my colon and how it behaves. That is my update.
To health,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP