CRS Exam -- Repopened fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

CRS Exam -- Repopened fissure

Postby jis76 » 15 Jul 2019, 08:52

So went in for my CRS exam. I was doing pretty good, and my pain was down to like a zero, from being at a constant 5-6 for about 3 weeks.

Then the Anoscopy exam broke things open again. Now the pain was around an 8 this morning. This really sucks... is this normal after an exam? I feel like I'm starting over with recovery again, and it just really stinks as I had kind of found a formula to make things come out nice and soft. My sitz bath this morning barely touched the pain :(

At any rate, with this type of pain, I can't imagine the surgery would be that much worse then the last couple days (and at least I'd have proper pain killers). CRS knows I've been dealing with this for years, and said I would probably continue to recover until I have another 'slip-up'. Whenever I decide of sick of the tear-heal-tear-heal pattern, I can come in for the LIS. Says it takes about 10 minutes for him to perform.
jis76
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: CRS Exam -- Repopened fissure

Postby jis76 » 15 Jul 2019, 11:32

Now trying Lidocaine to see if I can get this pain under control. So far, not so great... was hoping for that immediate cooling feeling.
jis76
Salt Bather

Postby berzerker5220 » 16 Jul 2019, 18:36

Are you using Nitro or Nifedipine? because that is what is healing me rapidly I had it compounded with Lidocaine and works like magic.
berzerker5220
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Okaybum » 17 Jul 2019, 00:36

The anoscopy is evil. I do not like it. It didn't reopen my fissure but it did make it bleed. I was not happy as we were headed on holiday. I spent the 3 days with a sore bum. However, it did heal. Took several weeks though. I am 9 days post op now. My chronic fissure was still there but very well healing and did not need a fissurectomy. The removal of my hems caused an acute external fissure and I suspect an acute internal fissure that is very long. Yesterday, the external one was pretty much healed. I do not believe the chronic one reopened this time as the pain, while on the same side, is inside as opposed to at the very end of the canal.

They're all getting better but I've actually gotten to learn what true spasms feel like. Surgeons are rough but here's hoping it leads to healing.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby jis76 » 17 Jul 2019, 07:35

Thanks for the feedback okaybum! I am wondering if I am actually having true spasms. I can only describe this as terrible burning pain that starts about 5 minutes after my BM, goes for many hours (about 4-5 hours yesterday). Can't seem to get comfortable or concentrate on work :(

@Berzerker --- i've been using the Nifedipine, but not combined with Lidocaine. I tried lidocaine the other day and felt worse after putting it on, so just sticking with nifedipine. Trying some ice today... but right now the pain is about a 7 burning sensation constant
jis76
Salt Bather

Postby Okaybum » 17 Jul 2019, 07:45

I suspect there are different types of spasms. I have had that, after my surgery, now I get the knife like ones. It's all pretty bad. However, keeping up with Advil and Panadol/Tylenol may help with your burning. Have you tried taking anything for it?
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jis76 » 17 Jul 2019, 08:37

Yea, I've tried tylenol and advil. Been staying away from the advil since it could be constipating. Will try some tylenol later.... the ice on my bum seems to be helping some to ease the burning at the moment.
jis76
Salt Bather

Postby Okaybum » 17 Jul 2019, 16:30

Advil isn't constipating I assure you. Alternate them.
Okaybum
Proctosphincteranalogist