How is everyone? Here is my Botox update...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How is everyone? Here is my Botox update...

Postby Guest » 01 Jun 2008, 17:06

Hello,
I am catching up on some of the posts today. I want to know how is everyone doing today? Whether you are having fissure pain or anything else going on in your lfe. My Botox has kicked in full force. Occasionally like yesterday I had a second soft poo and it just nagged me all day, but it did not stop me from going to a mall 45 mins away. I have swirched up my eating and routine and it seems to be working for me. I take colace twice a day now and I drink prune juice twice a day. I have oatmeal every morning and fruit at least 3 times a day. I think I was eating too much fiber in the morning and it was causing me problems with bulk so I spread it out evenly during the day. We will see what happens with this shot. I have to go to my CRS June 16th and I hope he will give me some good news. I will keep you guys posted.
So how is everyone? Let me know! Image Image
Patty :snn:

Re: How is everyone? Here is my Botox update...

Postby Jen » 01 Jun 2008, 23:03

Hi Patty!
I am glad the botox is working! Is this your 3rd shot? What did the doctor tell you at the last appointment? Was the pain not as bad this time around?
I am feeling ok. I still don't think I'm healed, but I don't plan to get off the nitro anytime soon. I have a few aches now and again that come from my bum, but I can't complain - no really bad pain. I got my 3rd RBL banding done so NO MORE HEMMIES! Yeah! :)
Keep us updated Patty and don't be a stranger! :)
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 06:24

I am so glad the third shot has worked wonders for you! That is such fabulous news and very sweet of you to check in on us.

I saw the doc at WF last week and he said from his perspective the incision, though pink, looks closed. But it doesn't feel like it to me, which may be the sensitivity of the area from two surgeries plus preexisting nerve damage. There isn't much he can do, well, really anything, so he said to keep doing alternative therapy to help deal with the pain. But overall I am better so I can't complain although sometimes I do. It is still like waliking a tightwire with so much control and precision or I could fall and reinjure the area with one hard bm.

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2008, 06:35

I just feel we all walk a tightrope. For example, on many meds constipation is listed as a mild side effect, but for us constipation would be a very BIG side effect. Also antibiotics or anything else that might upset the applecart, so to speak, could be problematic.
I did eat some ice cream yesterday, however, that agreed with me as well as turkey, dressing, and mashed potatoes as well earlier in the day for lunch.
But I don't feel that I am completely healed yet. Planning two more weeks of the ointment. Regulating the amount of Miralax and now adding the Metamucil-like supplement and getting the correct amount of everything (and to try to not get a stomach ache from anything) is a very big challenge continuously for me.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby lars » 02 Jun 2008, 08:03

Hello Patty
Glad you are having effect from the botox :)
I have been in constant pain today. Bright red blood on my stools the second time running. I think my fissure has gotten worse or I have gotten an new one. Difficult to tell down there.
Lars
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Jo » 02 Jun 2008, 08:34

Hi Patty,
Glad to hear the botox is working for you, hoping for your continued healing.
My fissure and unhealed hemmoroid surgery wounds seem to be healing, slowly but surely. At times I thought it would never happen, but there is HOPE. Still tender and some pain at times. I will continue with the nifidipine ointment.
I try to spread my fiber out throughout the days, also. It still is easy to forget, but I am getting better.
I survived Image a different, unrelated surgery Friday, happy to say it hasn't affected the fissure problem much.
Have a nice day
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jen » 02 Jun 2008, 09:24

Jo -
Did you notice a huge difference when you started putting the nifedipine internally vs externally? The nifedipine never worked that well for me and I am wondering if it is because I always put it outside. Image
I am glad you are recoving well! Your in my thoughts buddy! :'\;redbud:
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby buttgirl » 02 Jun 2008, 09:41

Glad to hear you are doing well, Patty. you too Lecia, though I know aht you mean about the scar being super sensitive.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Jun 2008, 10:08

Hey Patty! Thanks for the update!! I remember last year when you were soooooooooooooooooooooooooo miserable!
Yes, maybe spread that fiber out through the day and avoid large amounts at any one sitting. Sounds like a good plan to me!
Deleted User 5

Postby Jo » 02 Jun 2008, 10:50

Hi Image Jen,
I didn't really notice a huge difference in applying the ointment internal vs external. Definitely things are less tight than they were a month ago. It either works very slowly for me or things are naturally starting to heal. I will definitely continue to use it though. It seems like I am a very slow healer. Maybe a different ointment would work faster/better.
Hope you are recovered from the rubber banding. Has the mucus issue resolved?
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist