Miralax users

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Miralax users

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2008, 13:13

Guys/Miralax users,
Have any of your discovered that over time you continue to need to take more Miralax to get the desired effect? I find that overtime I continue to develop a tolerance and need to go to the next level. My local doc indicated to me that is common. Also, if one person needs more Miralax than another person, does that mean the person who needs more has more of a "problematic" colon? Waiting to hear back from one of my docs and am nervous that he finally got fed up with me (I really don't blame him if he did.) It is kind of like waiting to hear back from a bf or something--is he or is he not going to call me back!!
To health,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Re: Miralax users

Postby buttgirl » 02 Jun 2008, 13:15

I tried it and it didn't work at all for me. it stung going down and coming out.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2008, 13:20

BG,
I love your Avatar!!! I guess I should be thankful that Miralax works for me, instead of worrying about the amount. My gf was scheduled to have the gamma knife zap her benign brain tumor today in the hospital--the same day that Ted Kennedy had his brain surgery!!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2008, 14:11

My doc returned my call, so now I feel that all is well with the world (and I guess that he hasn't dropped me.). Cheryl
P.S. He told me not to worry about anything. We all know that worrying makes everything worse, but the challenge is to be able to stop the bad worry habit!!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 14:13

Hi Cheryl
I just stick with one sachet but have noticed somedays are not as good as others with it :roll: i have never vared the amounts :roll:
Special thoughts for your freind Cheryl....
My freind has gone in for her surgery today after a long wait , she is 93 and is having surgery for a prolapsed bowel.

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2008, 14:39

Wow, Tabby! I'll pray for your friend with the prolapsed bowel even though I don't know her by name. I am not familiar with that condition.
I hope my friend (Becky) got along OK today. She was apprehensive about geting 4 shots in her head in preparation for the gamma knife, and I don't blame her. She was also fearful about losing her sense of smell as the tumor that was treated is close to that part of the brain.
Thanks for the feedback. Even non-Miralax "normal" people don't have the same days every day--we must keep telling ourselves that! I tend to get very attached to the docs I like, which is difficult for me when they leave me as my one doc did a year ago when he got promoted into administration.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 15:27

Sorry...Rectal Prolapse !?
I hope our freinds are home soon.....
Yes Cheryl even them normal people Image my not so good days i will eat more fibre, drink like a fish, wait and hope that tomorrow brings better things :D

Postby buttgirl » 02 Jun 2008, 15:43

buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 02 Jun 2008, 19:09

Well, I am late to this discussion, but I have found that my body does seem to habituate to the Miralax. It still works but the consistency isn't as watery as the first few times I take it.

Postby cherylk » 02 Jun 2008, 19:18

Lecia,
Thanks for the feedback. If I may ask, do you take Miralax regularly or just as needed?
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP