Dr. Rosenfeld, CALIFORNIA highly recommended

LIS success

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Dr. Rosenfeld, CALIFORNIA highly recommended

Postby Hopefull123 » 17 Mar 2018, 15:07

Hi all,

I had LIS three weeks ago done by DR. ROSENFELD located in Southern California. Local anesthesia, bearable pain after the surgery. I only took one tramadol and two Tylenol the first day. No painkillers after that. I had fissurectomy as well, my fissure was very deep and it would not have healed without surgery. Bleeding from the incision side stopped after 3 days. Discharge stopped after 5 days. Fissure pain was gone since day 1. Mild spasms until week 2. At week 3 no pain, just a little punching from the incision from time to time. He did anoscopy yesterday and I didn't even know he did this until I read his notes. I though it was his finger, completely flexible muscles and no pain at all during the exam
He said the fissure and incision have healed. I opted out the tag removal, but it is small.
Don't be afraid of LIS. This is nothing at all, simple procedure. No complications of any sort. This feels like magic to me, such a fast healing. Very important, do not take laxatives, just psyllium husk. This is very important for the proper muscle,and fissure healing
Too soft stools have acid and don't allow healing. Also it doesn't get to use the muscles to streych again and the skin to get flecible so harder BMs won't tear the skin.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Re: Dr. Rosenfeld, CALIFORNIA highly recommended

Postby mysorebutt » 21 Mar 2018, 16:34

Just curious, did you travel from out of state to see Dr. Rosenfeld and did you use insurance for the procedure or was it out of pocket? I ask because I live in New Mexico where we have a very limited supply of colorectal surgeons and I had contacted Dr. Rosenfeld's office to discuss the possibility of traveling to California to have the procedure done. Unfortunately, I do not have insurance that would cover the procedure done out of state so I would be paying out of pocket. His office was able to give me a ballpark estimate of what his fee would be, but that did not include the surgical center fee or anesthesiologist fee, etc. Wondering if you had any idea of what the total out of pocket might be for the procedure done by Dr. Rosenfeld.

Glad to hear you're doing well.
mysorebutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Hopefull123 » 27 Mar 2018, 09:37

Hi, he is not in my network so I had to pay out of pocket l, but I did it with local anestjesia, so I didn't go in the surgery office just in his office so the cost was about 3800. They should be able to tell you how much would be the additional cost though. With local anestjesia it hurt a little but the procedure is about 15 minutes, so I didn't suffer much.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mysorebutt » 27 Mar 2018, 21:58

Hopefull123, thank you for providing the information on your surgery. Just curious if you were given the option of doing an in-office procedure with local anesthetic rather than the surgery center with general anesthesia to save on costs since you were paying out of pocket. Also, when you say local, was it just injections of lidocaine? Thanks again for your help and I hope your recovery is continuing to go well.
mysorebutt
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Hopefull123 » 27 Mar 2018, 22:06

No, his standard procedure is with general anesthesia, but I insisted in local only, so he agreed. I did not care about the cost. So the local is a few shots in the anal area to get you numb, but some people's liver digest the anesthetic faster like me, so I felt it, but it wasn't unbearable.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby 3goodbyeAF » 24 Jun 2020, 16:43

Are you still healed? i’m going to call and make an appointment with him asap, Thank you!
3goodbyeAF

Topics: 1