Confused...Part II

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Confused...Part II

Postby Guest » 05 Jun 2008, 10:30

Ok, it looks like this is an official setback now. i was willing to pass the slight constipation and discomfort of yesterday off as a fluke, but today looks like it will be the same. I have to go, but can't without straining. i don't know what's going on. nothing has really changed with my diet the last few days and it's not that time of month. this is so out of the blue. i've had prune juice this morning, but it hasn't worked yet. if i try MOM, do i have to wait until tonight? i know that i shouldn't panic since i did have a bm yesterday, but i can't help it. i hate this uncertainty...

Re: Confused...Part II

Postby Guest » 05 Jun 2008, 11:03

People react differently to the MOM. Some will go fairly soon after but I think if you just take a small dose to start with you should be alright. That is really the best thing once you are constipated. I say if you are miserable already just take a small spoonful.

Postby buttgirl » 05 Jun 2008, 11:27

I second the idea. Also make sure to lube the area really well. that might help too.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Jun 2008, 11:50

Are you sure it is "constipation" really ? Is your poop extra hard when you look at it ? I am asking just because sphincter tightening can make you feel like it is hard and big while actually when you look at it it is not at all :pale:.
Try eating some fresh fruits today - like pineapple and apricots - but eat a lot of it LOL or it will not work ; ).
MOM can work faster if you take more of it
Just try not to strain - I think it was wise that you "gave up" rather than straining - good luck !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 05 Jun 2008, 12:30

Yeah, if I don't go after a minute I figure I don't really have to go and just get up!

Postby buttgirl » 05 Jun 2008, 12:53

If worse comes to worse, you could always give yourself a small water enema. I have had to do these before CRS appts. Iget the disposable saline ones and dump out the salinea nd replace it with water. I just wish I would have done one last Weds when I reijnured myself a bit and also for the giantic superhuman poop that began my whole fissure struggle.....
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Jun 2008, 12:58

Chris - A Superhero named Buttgirl should have superhuman-sized poop, goes with the territory!
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 05 Jun 2008, 15:30

haha.... Perhpas I should give up my name to somebutt more worthy....
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Jen » 05 Jun 2008, 22:15

I did not have my morning BM a few weeks ago and completely panicked! I freaked out all day and took a tablespoon of MOM in the am and a tablespoon in the evening because I still had not gone by then. My husband told me I was not going because I was stressing about it. The next morning, I went, and everything came out smooth - which I give credit to the MOM for this! I thought I was gonna tear, but everything was fine.
Don't be so quick to call it a setback. Nothing has been reinjured yet. It think MOM or an saline enema (like fleets) will work.
GOOD LUCK!!! Let us know how it goes!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 06 Jun 2008, 08:21

You know, both my husband and I have both been having more dry stools. (and we live close to you). Makes me wonder if it is the sudden rise in temps. But I have no idea how I could get more water down without having to be permanately attached to a catheter.