LIS not working?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS not working?

Postby Sandra » 19 Apr 2018, 04:28

Hi, I had the LIS operation four and a half weeks ago after over 5 years of suffering when nothing had worked.

I had bad pain for about 10 days and then things started to get a bit better, I had pain from the incision but not from the fissure. Then, after about three weeks the fissure tore quite badly. I have been in agony since then, worse pain than I have had for a long time. I still feel quite tight down there and I am having spasms sometimes so painful they make me shout out in pain. Does this mean that the LIS hasn't worked? Or is it still too soon to tell? I have got other health problems and I am really struggling to cope. Is there anyone out there who had something like this happen and was still cured? Thanks.
Sandra

Topics: 2

Re: LIS not working?

Postby Hopefull123 » 19 Apr 2018, 15:42

What do you do for post operative care. Are you taking softeners, fiber, are you eating a good diet without constipating foods like dairy, rice, etc. Stay away from acidic food like alcohol, coffee, vinegar foods, spicy food. What was the cause for the retear. If you can get an appointment with your surgeon ASAP it will be best, so he can check for possible infection. It doesn't mean that the surgery failed, but you have to get it checked immediately if there are complications to be addressed rather sooner than later.
Hopefull123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Re: LIS not working?

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 30 Apr 2018, 15:24

How are you doing now Sandra?
Deleted User 7114