Diltiazem 2% frequency

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Diltiazem 2% frequency

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 18:54

I am not sure about parafin wax supps. I have used glycerin supps. from time to time to help soften that first part and coat the anus. I always got the child size though as not to injure myself trying to get it in!

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2008, 03:46

I think using the cream before BMS is a winner ! i used the cream like it was going out of fashion ! 3x daily and before and after BMS, I found this really helped :)
Goodluck Image

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2008, 04:53

Have a look at http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100000798.html. It claims that docusate sodium also has a stimulant effect and that long term use should be avoided.
Some sources say its a stimulant as well as a stool softener, and others do not. Peculiar.
I've booked an appointment with my GP to ask him this question, and if he verfies to me that it isn't then I'll get some more and carry on. Like I said, I'm quite regular here.

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2008, 11:15

So I talked to my pharmacist today, and then again to another to doubly confirm. Both said that docusate is not a stimulant.
Why would the website lie :(?
That's good news anyway.

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jul 2008, 16:14

hey buddy - listen to us veterans LOL- unfortunately we have to know it all
Image Actually, I think I posted a long "cut and paste " regarding that issue (comparing MOM and Colace).
So, relax and enjoy your soft poop ; ) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2008, 16:27

Yes sir!!
Let it begin!

Postby Fissulyna » 04 Jul 2008, 16:38

Hey - does my avatar butt looks like "guy's" butt LOL It is a girl "preaching" on this side of the line ; ))) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Jul 2008, 18:04

Why would the website lie Image?

Nasty old website! Imagine that, incorrect information on the internet!
I used colace for several months and when I stopped I never noticed a thing.
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Jul 2008, 13:32

Oh, thanks Kim for that info about Colace ! I was just wondering for how long one can use it since it says 7 days on the box which sounded ridiculous to me for such benign medicine. I was about to call my CRS Monday - but now I don't have to Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Jul 2008, 16:21

Well, I tend to believe it is not a stimulant, chemically anyway. Since it's only action is to draw water into the stool, I see it as quite benign and it sure seemed benign to me. Like some here, I noticed that it really didn't seem to do all that much, but I used it more religiously that other things save my nefedipine.
I'm sure that simply having wetter stools is a "stimulant" in one manner of speech. I suppose the question is, could some people develop a "dependency" on wet stools and not be able to hydrate properly after ceasing and desisiting? Just my thoughts. I never skipped a beat when I stopped, about a month after my LIS surgery.
Deleted User 5