Diltiazem 2% frequency

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Diltiazem 2% frequency

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 16:54

For those of you who have used Diltiazem, is it okay to massage multiple doses of Diltiazem during day? I do it morning and night but have been given no formal instruction. I think I could go for a top-up midday.
Also, does anyone find the tight-arse effect slightly inhibiting to the stool passing process? Does anyone use GTN or diltiazem to allow the easier passage of a stool.
My stools need a wee bit of encouragement, but when they pass the point of no return there is no problem. Either its due to the tight arse or the tip of the BM is more solid than I'd like in an ideal world. Well, in an ideal world I wouldn't have a fissure and a butt tighter than a camels arse in a sandstorm.
Cheers folks! I hope everyone is okay and doing well. : Image

Re: Diltiazem 2% frequency

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 17:41

Hi
I used the diltiazem three times a day. I don't see any harm in your increasing your frequency. Maybe even put some on before your BM and see if you can get it to relax.
I have probably mentioned this before but you might also want to try to add some flax or fish oil to help lube the stool so the tip slides out better. Also some magnesium (about 400 mg to start) aids in muscle relaxation and sleep.

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 17:46

I appreciate the info! I was looking into cod-liver oil one a day capsules. I'm not on any vitamin supplements so I'm not concerned with Vit A issues etc.. Is cod liver oil an acceptable performer, or could you specify something more efficacious.
Thanks Lecia :)

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 17:59

Yep-cod liver should work just fine.  Just make sure that the company that manufactures it tests regularly for PCBs and mercury.There are some fish oils that are infused with lemon or orange and taste better going down.  I take capsules myself.  I like Fisol because it is enteric coated so it breaks down in the small intestine and not the stomach so you don't get that fishy taste in your mouth.  I don't know if it is available where you are at though.  

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 18:03

I'll be coming to the States in a few weeks so if you can recommend something particular efficacious (in a general sense, not limited to fish-oils) then bombard me with brands. I like an eclectic collection of things that will soothe and make transit easy.

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 18:07

In that case.....FisolCarlson's nordic fish oilBarlean's Flax Seed OilA&D ointment to apply pre bmMiralax in case they dont have it thereIf you get a chance go by a Whole Foods, Vitamin Cottage or Wild Oats and look around.  I could look at supplements for hours. 

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 18:28

Sweet...I'm sure Buffalo + the Greater Niagara region has plenty to see in that respect. I'll do my research.
By the way, I'm not sure if its the pre/probiotic or the Docusate but I've been consistent in my regularity over the past 7 days. I thought Docusate was a stool softener alone but it turns out its a stimulant too. I was prescribed 60 capsules to take up to 5 per day on a gradual basis. I suppose once they're out I shouldn't get anymore....right?
Can you get paraffin wax capsules, that are free of stimulants?

Postby cherylk » 03 Jul 2008, 18:42

I saw Docusate suppositories in the drug store this afternoon while buying my Miralax.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Jul 2008, 18:43

I was told by my CRS that Colace is not stimulant and than found out on the internet that it was definitely true. It is stool softener since it keeps water in the intestines unlike laxatives that draw water from the colon wall back to intestines.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 18:52

My understandin was the docusate sodium was a stool softner and not a stimulant. I used that on and off for years so I wouldn't hesitate to tell you to stay on them if they are doing the trick. Once you find what is woring for you I would not deviate from it!
Have fun in the Niagara/Buffalo!