Cleaning

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Cleaning

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 18:57

I discovered a new issue that I'm having...I use unscented (seems more like lightly scented, but that's just my opinion) wipes to clean after a bm. I've been using these for months with no problems. It seems that lately, though, I've been having issues with the cleaning process. It seems to get irritated before I'm completely clean. It feels itchy, but as I keep dabbing, I seriously irritate the area. Then it stings, and I'll occasionally see pinkish spots on the wipes. Can't figure out why it's doing that all of a sudden, and I'm not sure what to try now...any suggestions?

Re: Cleaning

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2008, 19:05

You could be having a reaction to it. I can get sensitized to things like that too. What I would do is to wet plain toilet paper with water and use that for awhle. I also purchased some small baby wash cloths that are very soft and have used that for wiping when I have had a particuarly difficult period of feeling irritated.

Postby cherylk » 03 Jul 2008, 20:10

I would suggest Balneol lotion and cotton balls which I have been using for many months (actually I use the generic CVS version of the lotion because it is cheaper). I had never before heard of the lotion before I read about it in some info I have.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 03 Jul 2008, 22:29

I always jump in the tub and wash myself with water. I was doing that all my life LOL - it looks that I "knew" one day I would have a fissure so I already did all fissure friendly stuff Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 03 Jul 2008, 23:52

this is why i wish we had bidets!!!!
it would make things like this so much easier, more environmentally friendly, and a less pain-ish experience for our bum!
perhaps if you prelube before your BM with some aloe vera lotion or palmers cocoa butter it would be less traumatic to the area when you clean and wipe - do you normally wipe after BM with only one wipe towel or do you use several - also do you get in there and lightly wipe or do you like to "really" wipe and wipe and dig deeper in the area to make sure you are clean wipe?
that could be a problem - you should be able to lightly wipe and do all your cleaning with one wipe.
i know sometimes that is impossible due to your BM.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2008, 03:53

Yes i think you have a sensitivity too, i had this with some creams i was using, the pink spots can feel burny, i would suggest like Fiss said straight in the tub to clean and maybe some vaseline before BM and after or canesten if the area is itchy !
Goodluck

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2008, 06:29

To answer your question, happy, I have a tendency to use several wipes and really get into the area to clean and wipe. I know it's probably overkill messing around back there so much, but I just don't feel clean otherwise. I don't stop dabbing until the wipes come back completely clear. Is that just way too much? Maybe I'll try the wet tp or the tub suggestions for a while and see what happens.

Postby itsapain » 04 Jul 2008, 06:43

i used to do the same thing constantly dab dab dab mainly with damp TP now with baby wipes
( as i felt the constant need to be super clean)
now i do the tub thing after every bm and afterwards dab the area dry
itsapain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 04 Jul 2008, 06:55

when you jump in the tub to clean after a bm, what exactly are you doing to get clean? (using a cloth, etc)

Postby happyass » 04 Jul 2008, 08:29

yes too much dotting, rubbing in the wipes/tp, or just irritating the area with toilet paper (especially if it ain't a super soft variety, which still doesn't matter much because you have a super sensitive area to begin with) isn't too good. as a matter of fact, not good at all.
there may be a combination of irritation from sensitivity to the wipes (this hasn't happened for me) or the consistent and immmaculate rubbing that goes on behind there.
so if you continue to rub that way and get in there like someone cleaning a dirty oven - and it's it like that???!!! hehehehehehe - then you need to adapt and change how you clean your little bum.
yes feeling ultimate clean would be nice but sometimes, you will get in the way of your own healing that way and interrupt the flow of how your butt is mending itself.
even when showering or bathing, don't be obsessive when trying to get the crack clean. i was a culprit in this way before getting my fissure when i would soap my whole hand and fingers and just really clean out and inside! until my CRS said to stop because this upsets the PH balance of the anus, i did. he said the fissure would heal without all this stuff going on.
all you need to do if going via the shower/bath route to get clean - and sometimes it just isn't convenient to take a shower or bath after a BM - is to simply use a soft soft rag or wipe and perhaps give inbetween the cheecks a simple passover - don't get in the depths of the abyss.
just like a self cleaning oven, our anus has built-in properties to deal with the grime and germs that we only have to do so much to clean.
you will get the hang of it and soon feel clean with little to do back there.
if you have a BM and are going to take a shower afterwards, perhaps a combo of using a baby wipe to get most stuff off before going into the shower and loosing up whatever got stuck or left behind there, and then using the shower/bath to bring yourself to 100% clean feeling!
take it easy back there!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74