Appointment Update

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Appointment Update

Postby Deleted User 5 » 14 Jul 2008, 14:08

Hey, this board is for nothing if not for rambling.
You needed that icon running across your forehead to light up when he said, "Anal dilation!" Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 14 Jul 2008, 14:13

I think its normal to have a GA here, even when they're only looking, as I was going to have one just for " inspection" too.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2008, 14:28

Nice one Kim !
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ah thanks Val ! I know he wants the tag removed so maybe he could tidy things up for me, i must have issues with scarring ....I THINK I THINK TOO MUCH !
Its got to the point i dont care if i am stretched or sliced just fix me ! Image

Postby Fissulyna » 14 Jul 2008, 14:39

"Tubby" it is great that you survived exam without major pain and got some fresh ideas from your CRS and that you feel comfortable with him. How old is he ? Many surgeons from older generation still perform dilation. It is done under GA , that is for sure , even here in the USA. I was offered that treatment first time I saw general surgeon and he said that he would "put me under" and proceed with the dilation if I do not heal in 7 days !!!!???? So, I ran to another CRS and was told that AD was performed "by older gentleman" who finished med school more than 20 years ago since that method is note even thought to CRSs nowadays. BUT, if he is performing it for eons and had no complications with it ever, than you probably have nothing to worry about. It is best to let surgeon do what he is versed in well, than to ask him to do it your way if he is not good at it. Than it is better to find another CRS who is expert with the LIS. That is what my friend who is a doctor told me before I had my LIS.
I am glad that he will free you from that pesky skin tag and I hope that you will get that app. uber fast !!!!
Best of luck, Tabby Image , may you get complete relief and get rid of butt problems forever !!! Keep us posted Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 14 Jul 2008, 16:34

Dear Fiss
Thank you for your comforting words, it really does help.

The first CRS was an older chap he suggessted A/D too and did mention the LIS , the CRS i saw today was younger, i would say no more than 45 ?!
I hope you are doing better Image

Postby happyass » 14 Jul 2008, 18:05

i'll second the versed + goodies knock out rather than GA.
if people here have gotten LIS just in the doctor's office with just freezing shots in the ass, i don't see why someone couldn't just get versed+twilight rather than GA. i am dreading the day to be intubated!!!!!!
congrats Tabby on progress for further developments......
not sure if you would or could seek out a second opinion.....if that would make you feel more comfortable.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby juney » 15 Jul 2008, 08:25

tabby - i'd be really weary about getting that skin tag removed. i had one removed during my first LIS in may 2007 and it's caused me hell ever since. the wound never healed properly, the skin closed up over the top but left a small, painful unhealing hole right near the anus. if i could do it again i would tell my surgeon to not touch the skin tag, as i feel that's been the cause of all my problems since then! many drs refuse to remove them for reasons like this. especially if your fissure isn't completely healed yet, the last thing you need is another open wound to recover from. just my little bit of input...
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2008, 08:51

Thanks Happy and Juney :)
As for a second opinion unless I go private I cannot see that the NHS would entertain that idea ! I did like the CRS I saw, His manner was spot on and he did make me feel relaxed ...i have to lay my trust with this guy !
Juney that is interesting about your tag..I appreciate your input…
Val , I know you had a tag removed how was this for you…or anyone else in the same situation ?
Last edited by Guest on 16 Jul 2008, 05:04, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jo » 15 Jul 2008, 10:02

:hi: Tabby,
Best of luck with getting everything fixed up, hope you get it all done with soon, so you will be on your way to having a :D Happy Butt! So glad you liked your Doc.
I did have a skin tag removed. It seemed to take a few months to heal and it felt like a very thin layer of skin was there and bled easily. After 5 months it doesn't seem to bother me much anymore.
Let us know when you find out when your appointment is.
Thinking of you and hoping all is well.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby val » 15 Jul 2008, 12:04

I must be in the minority but I'm SO glad mine was removed! I had stitches which I suppose were a bit painful but it was all healed up in a couple of weeks- a small price to pay to get rid of the damn thing! The dissolvable stitches didnt all dissolve so one was a bit uncomfortable for a while but it was all fine pretty quickly.

If you like and trust the guy then I think thats a really good thing. Its so much more stressful when theres no confidence in the surgeon!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86