Appointment Update

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Appointment Update

Postby Guest » 15 Jul 2008, 12:27

Thank you both Image
Intresting to hear about the tags, of course that area would be super sensitive , i will be glad to have this one off too, as my fissure is seen external too, its like the fissure goes through the tag if that makes any sense Image
Image Who knows ...
I dont know why i am this calm but i like it, yes i am really scared of the G/A and the unknown but if i let this wreck my head i am never going to be 100% better, my idea today is that i will be fixed when this is all over ... :fairyflower:
Goodness me...Today my husband came in from work and who did he see coming into his garage ????.........MY CRS !!
He came in for some car part clip, my husband said hello to him, and said i saw you yesterday with my wife , the CRS replyed oh yes the worried one !!! Image he told my husband to pass a message that i shouldnt worry !
Er yer no problemo Image
Hey i found this :myestery:
Image Image Image

Postby happyass » 15 Jul 2008, 12:36

hi tabby,
well i think everything is individual.
i know i have a skin tag and my CRS advised to NOT get rid of it.
it is 50/50 i guess. you can have a fissure or fistula as a consequence of removing it or something else. but it is good that the other two ladies on this board have had different and positive experiences with removing theirs.
at this point in the game, if you have had GA before, then you know the drill. i guess the scary part is just when you wake up and they remove the intubation. other than that it shouldn't be too different from versed/twilight sedation.
keep those pom-poms up!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Jen » 15 Jul 2008, 12:52

Tabby -
I am glad you got your appointment finally! Your doctor seamed like he was pretty nice too!
As for the dialation, I don't think that is used much at all anymore. In my opinion, I would rather be cut with LIS than streched. Only if LIS failed would I consider other methods. A member on the board, mypoopyhursme (he is not on much anymore - hopefully he is better!), once told me his doctor wanted to try anal dilation and he was considering it. I would ask your docotr 2 questions; Why would he choose anal dilation over LIS? How is his success rate with the dilation?
Removal of a skin tag seams to be a hard decision. I would do some searches on the board and see if you can read any old posts about this topic. I know some docotrs refuse to do it (as did my first CRS). Others, have had great success with it. If it is not bothering you, don't fix it. I know once Fiss thought her tag was just a tag, and it turned out to be part of the fissure. I thought I had a few tags, and it turns out they were all hemmies and now they are gone for the most part. Its just a personal decision that you are going to have to make for yourself.
I really hope you feel better "Tubby"!!! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2008, 04:42

Hi Happy and Jen :D
Many thanks for your input...
Happy it is a 50/50 chance yes, but one I am willing to take...
Intubation is something a patient is not aware of, I have had 2 G/As and dont remember waking with a tube down my throat!!!…Correct me if I am wrong !
Dear Jen
Interesting what you said about Fissys tag, I have two tags one from years ago that is just a very little tag it has no indentations and looks like a pip, the bigger tag that he wants removed is dented creased and split , Like fiss, I think this is part or my fissure too :roll:
I will absolutely mention LIS v A/D to the CRS when I see him…
Remember Jen – don’t change a thing baby you are doing so well ! Image
x
Lecia Image
Welcome home mermaid sister !
I hope your appointment went well yesterday and that you are feeling well after your travels :myestery:
x

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Jul 2008, 13:55

I wish I had GA for my LIS , since surgeon hit the vain by accident during local A. It caused thrombosed hemmie to appear and HUDGE
and weird skin tag on that place . I ma sure that local injury, combined with fssurectomy caused my big tag , not my initial fissure, since it appeared AFTER surgery, not before. Tags always are result of some trauma to the anal area and they always develop
around external hemmies and fissures and than, of course, they are
"part of them", but still, if they present a problem they should be removed. Like, ovarian cyst is a part of an ovary, but if it is bleeding or causing pain it has to be removed Image I also found papers where doctors promote tag removals - I posted it somewhere on this forum - and showed that fissure patients had much better results and more satisfaction after doing that together with the LIS.
It is all so individual - that only patient and it's doctor can make right decision according to one's symptoms and doctor's experience.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jul 2008, 15:51

So are you "worried" now, Tabster?
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 16 Jul 2008, 21:41

sounds like tabby has it all under control especially going under GA twice.
intubation should be something that the patient is not aware - they certainly won't be aware of it going in but on the way out, is another story. i think they take it out while coming out of anesthesia if i am not mistaken. some people remember and others don't. some people have sensations and issues in the throat shortly thereafter and others don't.
i still wouldn't want to be intubated or even have a catheter in place to pee.....yikes!!!! yes, i am chicken....
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Jul 2008, 22:32

Catheter is probably horror story for you guys LOL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 17 Jul 2008, 00:49

I remember having an extremely sore throat after every GA, but I would rather have that and be knocked out for every procedure!

But then needles are another story...
Happy, you sound like you have a phobia of being intubated or catheterised?? as you sound the same as me with needles and blood?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby happyass » 17 Jul 2008, 05:46

you are so right Val.
you couldn't imagine when they asked me to walk in the OR (i thought I would have been wheeled in already with meds in system to be out or at least very very relaxed), i was super duper freaking out inside and then to see all the equipment, the people in the room, and just the thought of having to place myself of that table....
chilling...
frightening....
but dr. wright was in there making fun jokes about my ass and i met my anesthesiologist and she made the world of a difference - as soon as she said her name was Gloria, it's like if God was trying to send me code that he sent a little angel in there to take care of me. and she was the best.
i was actually able to relax the instant she told me her name. and on the table i went.
happyass
King Fissure