Update from an old sufferer-luxdunst

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Update from an old sufferer-luxdunst

Postby Guest » 20 Jul 2008, 08:51

Wow, It's been over three months since I've even logged in and I don't even know how long since I wrote anything. I have been thinking about this site and all of you guys quite often. So much has happened since my surgery and I wanted to share it all but things always seemed to get in the way, ie: work, no internet for a while, sick family members, anxiety over returning to the editboard...? Yea, strange but I'd often open up the site only to get all nervous and talk myself out of writing anything b/c something inside of me thought that once I started to read posts and write them I'd perhaps be jinxing the surgery and would possibly wake up the next mornining in excrutiating pain. Odd way of thinking but I felt like the surgery was just too good to be true and would often think that I'd somehow wake up the next day to find that LIS failed and I was living in a dream world. Image
Well guys, I wasn't! It took 5 months for me to come to terms with this. Five months, a move out of my house, a change in my job, antidepressants to treat my depression and anxiety surrounding the AF, and than some extra time in which I spent taking care of my mother who suffererd another mini heart attack and stroke back in april and was hospitalized for the fiftth time in less than a year. So yea, it's been a long few months but I am happier and stronger and I wanted to share some things with everyone and perhaps inspire some hope and just plain thank you guys for being my rock. I couldn't have survived the pain of an AF without this site and I will forever hold it close to me and thank god everyday that I found it.
1. I've been pain free since two weeks post surgery
2.I haven't seen blood anywhere near my bum or toilet
3.I don't maintain a strict AF post surgery diet and still manage to feel good daily
4. When I do get a tinge of pain it lasts momentarily but than I change my diet for a few days, add more fiber, water, and MOM (yea juney I still take it for really bad diet days) and well, the minor pain goes away and doesn't show it's ungly face again that often
5.If I try to feel for it I can't feel any tear but than again I don't try to hard. Thing is, before I could feel it w/o having to well, dig too deep
6.I honestly think that in my case it was a constantly spasming sphincter muscle and once it was cut the thing had a chance to finally friggin heal. Haven't had a spasms at all. Any pain I may experience is just a shooting pain that disappears with a quickness.
7. I have INTERNET ACCESS again, wireless in fact and I will be staying in touch
8. My mother is better
9. I love my job..still a nurse:)
10. My AF doesn't run my life anymore, I DO!
So thanks, thanks to all of you wonderful ppl who deserve the same success and relief that I have been blessed with. I hope everyone is doing better than yesterday and will only get even better tomorrow. I love you all and will stay in touch! Image

Re: Update from an old sufferer-luxdunst

Postby Jo » 20 Jul 2008, 09:50

Hi Luxdunst,
Thanks for your wonderful post. It is so encouraging to hear positive news. I know it will encourage the ones who are still suffering and getting ready to try the surgery.
Blessings to you,
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 20 Jul 2008, 10:17

Thanks for sharing, Luxdunst. Happy for your positive outcome.
Cheryl
Last edited by cherylk on 20 Jul 2008, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby val » 20 Jul 2008, 10:58

Image its so great to hear a positive story with such a happy outcome! I'm really pleased that you've got your life back and that all your other problems are resolved too.

And long may your pain free days continue....!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jen » 20 Jul 2008, 15:06

Hi Luxdunst!

It is nice to hear from you. I kept up with your story a little when I was a "lurker" on this forum. I joined about the time of your surgery.

It is great to have success stories to read about for folks here. Since most people on here are currently having issues, it can sometimes be hard to comprehend that people actually do heal from this condition. Thanks to you and all those who healed that still stick around (Kim & Happyass).

i am so glad you feel better. It sounds like you had a stressfull year and this is one thing off your plate!

Jen Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 20 Jul 2008, 15:46

Image Hey Luxdunst!
I sure remember you and am so glad to hear that you are doing well. I know exactly what you mean about not wanting to jink things and being nervous about posting. But yours is such a story of encouragement and it needs to be shared because so many people do just lurk here and they need the encouragement that you provided that you can get better! Plus the rest of us regulars like to gets updates too!!!

Thanks so much for taking the time to post. It means a lot to us! Image

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Jul 2008, 16:09

Hi LUX_BABY !!!!!!!! Image WHAT a nice surprise !!!!!! Image Thank you so much for posting your "happy end" - as Lecia said - it means more than you can imagine Image !!! It gives us all hope that one day will might be pain free again Image !
I am so happy for you Image - and please stay pain free Image!
Best of luck with everything Image
PS: What happened with that handsome firefighter ; ))) ???
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 20 Jul 2008, 21:03

good to hear that you're all better! Image i've been wondering how you were doing. you're so lucky everything worked out well for you post-LIS. i hope one day i can say i'm free of this horrible problem too!!!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby cherylk » 21 Jul 2008, 05:52

I'll second that thought!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46