Exercise and workout during fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Exercise and workout during fissure

Postby ravi » 30 Jul 2008, 08:18

I find that working out made my fissures worse. So now I have stayed away from the GYM for 7 months. I feel sluggish not going to the gym..
do any body have the same experience as I after exercising.
Any body have a exercise regime that does not cause problems while having fissure? Yoga etc?
ravi
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Exercise and workout during fissure

Postby happyass » 30 Jul 2008, 08:54

hi ravi,
i am not an athlete - well maybe a cuisine seeker enthusiast.
i did two marathons during my fissure days. i had to do short jogs during the weekday and long jogs during the weekend.
for me, perhaps, it helped in dealing with the pain despite experiencing pain regularly.
looking back and trying to answer your question, if you wanted to slowly get back into the groove of going to the gym or simply enjoying doing some physical movement outside, look up and/or learn about the following:
1. qi gong
2. tai chi
3. yoga
the first two are predecessors of yoga in chinese culture. they can be gentle and offer a lot of benefits to the whole body.
i would recommend starting there.
walking and perhaps some easy swimming may do you good at first before moving on to jogging, biking, and lifting weights.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Corsi » 12 Aug 2008, 06:46

I get worse after I have worked out, so I haven't done it for about 6 months. I have even had problems when I had to lift/carry heavy stuff.
The only thing I have been able to do is to walk for 20 - 45 minutes.
It is frustrating Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 12 Aug 2008, 08:10

Even walking makes it worse for me. I went for a 20 minute walk and when I got back last night I was in so much pain. I think the friction of the membranes makes it worse.

Postby ravi » 12 Aug 2008, 08:22

I know so the only thing we can do is like keep a good diet. A slight stray from the regimen screws everything up. I have currently stopped my gym completely. I go for a walk once in a week to just check out if I can still do it. I am really trying hard to not think about the pain or the possibility of the pain returning back.
ravi
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Guest » 12 Aug 2008, 08:23

How are you doing?

Postby Corsi » 12 Aug 2008, 08:29

Hi Lecia Image
I have asked Happyass some questions about squatting in the thread "Squatting vs the Sitting on the toilet". Are you using that technique now? You told me your husband was making you a platform, but have you tried it without the platform?
:D Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 12 Aug 2008, 08:37

Well, for me, it was a bust! It didn't make things easier and actually hurt more for me. It might be that I have a stretch injury to the rectal branch of the pudendal nerve I got while pushing out baby #2 so my anatomy/physiology is a bit deviant anyway. I felt steady up there and things came out just fine but I think it caused some nerve pain in an area that I don't normally get it. I am not saying not to try it-I think it makes perfectly normal sense and others use this type of method just fine but for me-didn't go so good. I am in more pain this morning than usual. I hesistated to say anything because I don't want anyone not to try it based on my limited experience. Oh, well, my husband is using it and likes it a lot. He has issues with hemorrhoids and he says this helps him go more easily and thinks it will prevent straining.

Postby Corsi » 12 Aug 2008, 08:54

Image are you blue today Lecia?
I am sorry to hear that you are in more pain than usual, is it because of your fissure/after BM? Do you have BM in the morning and are your pain worst the first hours after BM?
How old are your children?
It is strange that pain and our digestionproblems can affect us so much... Sometimes when I am going to the toilet it feels like I will pass out, and I feel so desperate...the pain is overwhelming.
Take care Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 12 Aug 2008, 09:05

Yes, I am blue, but it seems to be pretty much an every day occurence. It is unusual to have a day where I am not crying. Things just seem so desperate at times that we are never going to have a normal life.