So confused about spasms!?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: So confused about spasms!?

Postby cherylk » 04 Aug 2008, 19:03

Kim,
Did you try creams/ointments? If so, for how long and I am surmising that you didn't really consider Botox, right???
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Aug 2008, 19:08

Botox was not offered and I doubt I would have tried it. I was already on this board and had seen surgical success, and my research indicated botox had a lower success rate.
I did try nefedipine and used it for many months. It helped me considerably, as I noticed my pain levels rose tremendously when I stopped using it for a couple weeks.
I tried many, many low-level conservative things, like the glutamine, squatting to BM, aloe, fiber supplementation, huge dietary changes, the list goes on and on.
It was the LIS that worked for me. And it should have. My butt was VERY tight.
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 04 Aug 2008, 20:25

Kim - I am the same way with the creams. Everything is fine until I stop using them - then things tend to flare up. Did you feel a whole lot looser when you were on the cream? I was only off the nitro for two days before my setback (then I went back on it that day), but I did feel tighter. I just feel I can not live without it!
Who is that girl with Mickey???
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Aug 2008, 21:10

Yes, I was quite loose with the cream, but I guess not loose enough!
That is a joke photo from the internet.
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 04 Aug 2008, 22:01

OMG Kim! I am so stupied! I did not even see her kicking Mickey's jewels! I get it now (like 2 hours later). Image
Jen
King Fissure

Postby small_flower » 05 Aug 2008, 06:36

Hello,
I had spasms, for what seems like... forever. Honestly, I can remember having them as a kid and not knowing what they were. When I told my pediatrician about them (yes, i've had them that long!) he just sort of gave me this weirded out/confused look, so I said never mind, and he went on with the exam.
It sounds to me like you are having spasms, although perhaps they are minor ones. When I have one, I KNOW it. Now, since your only having minor ones, you don't want to progress to major ones, trust me. But mine feel a lot like you described....like a pinching and a stabbing up in my bum. Its not pleasant at all. :(
I think your doctor is probably right, he is a doctor after all, he would know. I have had surgery already, and that has helped a lot, but I still do get a spasm here and there. So what I have been doing is taking 100 mg of magnesium glycinate. I take one every night before I go to sleep, and it guarantees a soft BM in the morning. I have actually been feeling awesome since I started taking the magnesium, and I highly recommend it.
Hope this helps.
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Aug 2008, 17:15

Jen - I found in your other post that your BM does not hurt as long as it is a size of your finger - that alone is sign of tight bum : ( ! Your anus should be able to handle all sizes and shapes of BM if it is a normal "bum" . After LIS I started having larger sized BMs and was amazed by it (in disgusted way LOL), I joked that I crap like male construction worker LOL - no offense to any construction worker - I just assume that big strong guys crap ..well.."like a man" LOL. Anyway, now that I started having problems again my BM is much smaller in size and I know that my sphincter is back to it's "tight" normal stage and if I had a "dilator" I would use it on myself !!!!!! HONEST TO GOD !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 07 Aug 2008, 22:16

Fiss -

Welcome back! i missed you here. I thought maybe you left us :( ! I hope you had a good vacation.

Do you think your as tight as you were prior to LIS? Do you know if LIS is sopposed to permentaly loosen the sphincter or does it only loosen it temporarilly until the incision is healed???
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Aug 2008, 00:48

HI buddy Image !!! I would never leave you guys - only maybe if I get a call from "above" LOL ! My mini vacation was very nice since it helped me realize that I can survive travel and public restrooms and change of scenery did a lot for my nerves. I really fell in love with Colorado - I did not have a chance to see a lot since my hubby had business meetings from 6 am to 8 pm , but what I managed to see was just fantastic. Such a friendly people - no crowds ANYWHERE !!!! One night we went to downtown Denver and I was in awe with it's cleanliness, safety, and beauty - just the most beautiful city I saw so far in USA . The only other city that I liked so far was Washington DC , but I like Denver the most ! The "feel" is one of a Europe - maybe that is why Image ?!?
Regarding my tightness - I am not as tight as before the LIS - I know that since I am not in such excruciating pain when fissure opens and because it closes fast (about 2-3 week period), but it is not loose enough to prevent fissuring completely : (. I also was wondering about your second part of question, but I came to the conclusion that it should stay loose , and if not that you have my case : ( instead of Kim and other more successful LIS-ers...
Since you are not freaky tight like I was, your LIS , in my opinion will bring you permanent relief buddy. Image Best of luck !!!!!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 08 Aug 2008, 15:31

I am glad you had such a good time in Denver! How exciting! I want to go one day! I love Europe so maybe I would like Denver too?! Where are you originally from Fissy - if you don't mind me asking?
Jen
King Fissure