So confused about spasms!?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: So confused about spasms!?

Postby Jen » 16 Aug 2008, 19:46

Has anyone ever not had pain with a bowel movement and then had spasms throughout the day? I am so glad I am getting LIS because all day I have had ramdom clentching/stabbing feelings down there. I guess my butt is spastic after all.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Aug 2008, 20:14

Jen, my pattern was like that. At first I had a fairly easy BM (mainly apprehension) followed by spasms that lasted until noon or later.
As it all progressed, it seemed my butt just wore out and I'd have pains that came and went throughout the day. Once I had horrible burning for almost two days straight.
I seldom had very painful BMs and they were usually pretty much painless. I did have the bleeding.
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Aug 2008, 21:43

It is how it is for me now Jen - no pain during BM but burning and some dull pain during the day. It drives me NUTS Image !!!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2008, 09:02

I get like that during my period. Just these random clenchings in the anus. It has been better since I started taking primrose oil but still they can make your toes curl.

I have my period this week and actually didn't make it to the toilet in time. My butt started spasming and well, good thing I was wearing a pad anyway.

Postby Jen » 17 Aug 2008, 13:18

Lecia -
I hope your pain level is low right now - this tends to be the worst time of the month. Did you have the spasms during your period even before butt problems?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Jo » 17 Aug 2008, 13:36

Jen,
Sorry to hear you are having these frustrating spasms. That is what would happen to me, many times no pain with bm and then progressively worse throughout the day. Not as bad as it used to be, I would long for bed so I could forget about the spasms.
Lecia,
Hope you are feeling better.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2008, 14:11

Thanks, girls! I would get these spasms before butt problems but now it is exacerbated and since I opened up something last week this period has been worse because I have this injury.

What a cool picture, Jen! You look like an angel!

Postby Jen » 17 Aug 2008, 14:15

Thanks guys! The pain has only come once today - it ony lasts for a few seconds - so I am feeling pretty good - I really can not complain.
Thanks Lecia! Its my high school senior prom photo. I am kind of scared to have it up because I have not changed a bit since high school - oh well - I guess I am out now! I hope your feeling better sweetie!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 17 Aug 2008, 14:23

Yeah, you aren't old enough to have changed much. I am glad you got to reconnect with some of your buds though. I didn't go to my 10 year reunion. I really didn't have anyone I wanted to see again. Isnt' that sad???

Glad today has been good for you, Jen, RN.

Postby Jen » 17 Aug 2008, 22:11

When you all have these spasm pains, do they last minutes or seconds? The pain I have is like a sharp pinching (sometimes clenching) pain that only last for a few seconds, then will periodically continue like that through the day. It seams mine are shorter than everyones.
Jen
King Fissure