So confused about spasms!?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: So confused about spasms!?

Postby Guest » 18 Aug 2008, 11:36

Oh, mine last for seconds but it feels like it is longer.

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Aug 2008, 13:28

Mine are more like minutes now, but also seem longer since they appear throughout a day many times and than it looks like it is a "WHOLE" day : ( ! I also had a "pinch" today during BM and it drives me nuts Image . I am really starting to dread that colonoscopy prep Image Image Image :( - I can only imagine how much it will burn after going so many times Image Image Image .AND, I do not understand why I can not eat fresh veggies and fruits day before- that is 90% of my fissure diet Image. I am afraid I will get constipated from chicken, rice , bread , pasta and other "recommended" food Image Image Image . I don't get any of those protocols Image - and why for example I should stop taking fluids day of procedure ??? I will not have GA AND I will be dehydrated from pooping all day ????!!!
Any suggestions ??? :(
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 18 Aug 2008, 14:09

They don't want your bowels filled with wate. drink broth and only broth the day before and your prep should be easy. once you start pooing yellowish liquid, you are ready. I, personally, would stop taking the laxative after that point if i were to do it again.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Aug 2008, 14:42

Thanks buddy Image - how glad I am to see you here Image !!! We miss you a lot Image !!!!! I will do what you say - you alway know the best way of how to pass through those exams with minimal damage :sprinkleheart: My procedure is at 2 pm : (, I will be totally dehydrated : (, same was before my LIS - they than had big trouble finding my veins which are hard to find and tiny anyway Image Was your bum-bum sore after so much pooping Image and was it any more sore after colonoscopy ?
Thanks buddy - means a lot Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jen » 18 Aug 2008, 17:03

Fiss -
I am sorry your feeling the pinch! I hate feeling the pinch! How annoying! I will be talking to someone and all of a sudden my butt starts pinching and it side tracks my mind! Image
Please stop worring about the colonoscopy - it is nothing! My protocals were different from yours. The day before I could only have clear liquids and green jello - I could not even have vegetables. This was just so my colon would be empty. Also, you can not drink anything because your going to "sleep" and in case anything happens - they don't want you to aspirate your fluids. It is just for precaution. Please calm down sweetie - all will be ok!
I only drank half my golightly. My poop was coming out clear/yellow and I figured that was enough, but I told them I drank it all!
How exciting your daughter does figure skating! I forgot about that sport! I am adding it onto my list of sports my future daughter has to do! Image
Has anyone had Mag citrate? I am taking it for LIS. Is it just as nasty as the golightly? Did you mix it w/ juice???
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 18 Aug 2008, 17:11

OK - Jen - I will stop worrying LOL ! Do you know that I would rather have a LIS than this LOL- hey, how about we switch places , he he. I think I will skip whole dose too ; ). I just got my papers - I am using some HalfLitely - combo of pills and that gruesome liquid . Oh no, I can not have anything day of cleansing !!! I was talking of a day before the day of cleansing ! I decided to live of soup 2 days before and of corse of jello and Gatorade day of cleansing!
Sorry buddy - never had to use Mgcitrate , but I am pretty sure it is not even close to G-stuff !!! I only had to use enema before the LIS and eat lightly day before !
Best of luck Jen : )) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Jen » 18 Aug 2008, 17:15

Fiss - Everytime you call it the "G STUFF" I LOL! Image
I did not have a day of no vegetable eatting! Image
I want to trade! PLEASE???? I am starting to chicken out and wondering why I am doing this - I am 90% healed anyway. BG says she is 85% and she has had LIS. WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING???? I am starting to cave. I think I am going to be the odd ball who goes incontinent on the board! I am sorry - I am starting to get spastic about Friday!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 18 Aug 2008, 17:23

Fiss
Mines was such a long time ago , and what i do remember wasnt bad atall...i promise !
I was awake with mine and didnt feel any pain during the procedure , thinking now that was the time the nurse said "ooh you are a little tight down there" i was like yer whatever ! i didnt know about tight asses then !
I am having a enema, ive never had one before, any advices ??
Jen
I am thinking of you, i know this isnt an easy time for you Image
Think about the future Jen Image
Stay strong
xx

Postby buttgirl » 18 Aug 2008, 17:28

My rear was only a little sore after the scope and the poop, but not too bad. They inflate you with air and all the prodding loosens things up, so that helps too.
My problem was that I tend to be difficult to sedate and wake up immediately after sedation with a clear head, so the "twilight sedation" didn't work on me. i was awake the whole time and it was not pleasant. if you are getting GA things should be much better.
Also, i found that wearing gloves to warm my hands and then hanging them off the bed and clenching my fist really hard, then letting go, then clenching, got the blood flowing. My veins are usually really hard to find and this did the trick.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67