A rough patch

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

A rough patch

Postby small_flower » 31 Aug 2008, 19:38

I guess I am going through a rough spot. My past two days have been really hard BM's and today there was some blood. I think that, since I went out to a party and did a little drinking (as people my age and above are prone to do), the alcohol dehydrated me. I didn't drink enough water throughout the evening, so when I had to go this morning it came out like a bunch of rocks. It really hurt. I think I have to remind myself to drink more liquid. I get busy and I simply forget to do it. I hope it gets better soon. I hate when this kind of thing happens! Image
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: A rough patch

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Aug 2008, 20:23

Oh Kate- baby - not you too again Image What can I say - some weeks are just filled by bad ju-ju for buts or what Image Anyway - let me tall you what I discovered - I am a scientist you know, LOL, so I do experiments LOL, on myself too. OK - I discovered that that alcohol dries poop thyat is already in the colon !!!! Not the food that you eat while you drink - but the food that is already there in the colon, almost ready to go out next morning - so - you may drink as much water as you like - that alcohol is going to drie out that poop no matter what . NOW, if that poop was not very dry to begin with, you can lessen the damage by drinking extra water , but if it was solid to begin with - well - you can expect the rock Image !!! NOW, to trick the nature is to plan ahead ; ))) !!! The day BEFORE the party stay hydrated , eat high fiber and take Mg supplement - make it extra soft Image and the day of the party is on take MOM at the end of the day , I mean night , I mean beginning of new day Image .
Hope it helps next time - now you know the drill Image Happy healing !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 31 Aug 2008, 20:28

Kate -
I am sorry your having issues. Have you thought about any more treatments lately? You know, Fissy just joined the 2nd LIS club! :)
I drank about a month and a half ago while I was on vacation. I knew it was going to mess me up so I drank MOM after I was done with my 4 glasses of wine - OMG I was really wasted after that, anyway MOM did the trick and I did not have dehydrated poo in the morning.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby small_flower » 31 Aug 2008, 20:53

I guess i could stomach a little MOM if I had to. I hate the taste, makes me feel like puking, but its better than pooing lumps of granite.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jo » 31 Aug 2008, 21:40

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem Kate. Hope you are better and it doesn't last! Image
Fissy,
You are so knowledgeable! I really think you ARE a scientist! And I know you love experiments in the lab!!
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Corsi » 01 Sep 2008, 03:19

Kate
Sorry you have problems... One thing I have learned after having this fissure bad boy thing for months is: Don't have fun! Wine, Coca Cola, meat, coffee, dairyproducts, etc. is a big NO! I hate it... When having a fissure it is so difficult to live a normal life, and if you do - you will pay when having your next BM Image Image
How is your work hunting, any luck?
Fiss
Very interesting!!!! and good to know!!!
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 01 Sep 2008, 09:12

Dear Small Flower
I am sorry to hear of your setback Image
Maybe some MOM would be ideal for the next few days until things settle down again ?? Please do all you possibly can to prevent things flaring up and getting nasty !!
Hope you feel better very very soon Image
xx

Postby Guest » 01 Sep 2008, 10:51

And just remind yourself that you have had setbacks before and you always pull through and get back to where you were. It sucks and I am sure it feels like you can't have a life and you always have to be on your guard though.

Postby happyass » 01 Sep 2008, 21:05

well i know that drinking alcohol does have that effect on me...plus the days after, i get depressed and feel bloated.
sometimes it just isn't worth it.
i order something like sprite + cranberry juice splash + touch of lime or lemon. you can also get a oj + ginger ale + a splash of cranberry juice just so that it looks like you are drinking a cape cod or a screwdriver.
oh those days!!!
anyway, i don't miss them as much.
i even find it hard to drink wine. so i have some grape juice or sparkling apple cider around.
feel better.....
but always have fun too.....its just discovering how to in a different way.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby small_flower » 01 Sep 2008, 21:15

Hello all,
Well this morning wasn't quite so bad. I ended up going twice. The first time the first part of the BM was a bit tough, but once I got past that, it was fine. The second BM was very soft. So it wasn't too bad. The only thing that I noticed was that it almost felt grainy or sandy. It was a little irritating. I can't think of what I would be eating that would cause that. I try to avoid popcorn or small seeds. I always try to chew things thoroughly. Image
I need to get out and get more magnesium glycinate, which I have to go to a compounding pharmacy for. However, its completely worth it because a 3 month supply is 16 dollars. I think that is pretty good. Nothing is too good for my backside. Image
I'll have to do that this week. I have lots of time since I don't have a job yet. Image
I also soaked in the tub today, and that felt pretty good, so I am going to continue doing that for the remainder of the week at least. Thank you for all the support and the kind words. I can always count on you guys to reassure me.
:snn:
Kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist