Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Newbie

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Nov 2008, 02:08

My fissure was discovered during colonoscopy - nobody was able to see it during regular scope . My CRS was able to even make a photo of my "hidden" fissure and show me the bugger Image ! Fissures can be hidden in skin folds and hard to see. Those fissures are seen only after all folds are "stretched" and explored by very patient and good surgeon.
Best of luck Raul - and lets hope that you will heal without surgery ! When you are fed-up, you always have that option. But, first find excellent CRS - you might need to change couple of them until you find one that you like.
All the best !!!
PS: Try not to sit on the toilet for long time. All poop should go out very fast if it is there - if not, just get up and try later. Sitting for long time just puts extra pressure on your pelvic area .
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 19 Nov 2008, 13:42

raul - you shouldn't be sitting on the toilet for 8 minutes at all. that's way too long and even if you're not straining or pushing, the pressure on the anus cannot be good. get up and walk around if you don't feel the BM coming immediately. it also helps me to drink warm water or tea. that seems to get things moving if you feel the urge but it's not coming.
since you're only at 9 weeks i'm sure you'll be fine without surgery. just keep things soft and take warm baths after BM. eat healthy and ditch the junk food and alcohol completely. it sucks i know but it will be worth it to heal this thing before it gets really bad. you're lucky you're attacking this so soon. i self-diagnosed as hemmorhoids and didn't see a dr for 6 or 7 months despite bleeding and severe pain everyday. by then it was so chronic i haven't healed even after 3 surgeries. 9 weeks is a very small amount of time. you'll get better!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby pinky » 19 Nov 2008, 16:06

Ive had my fissure for 10months and had LIS 2 months back after trying out everything else.you have a very good chance of healing without surgery.i agree with others that you shouldnt be sitting on the toilet seat for 8mins.i just sit for 2-3 mins and if i cant go,i just get up and then go when i have the urge.
hope your fissure heals without any surgery.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby happyass » 24 Nov 2008, 07:03

i agree with juney and pinky......
that is good that you are noticing a difference with the amitiza.
not sure if i read in your postings if you have changed your eating habits and have increased your intake of daily fiber. i hope that you can make these adjustments while on the amitiza as i don't think amitiza is a long-term drug so this would be a great time to make that dietary transition.
i would save any surgery options at least until a year after you have begun seeing a CRS and have had less than a year with a fissure. unless if you have fistulas and other issues that would require surgery sooner rather than later.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 24 Nov 2008, 07:43

That is interesting that the doctor prescribed you amitiza. I often wondered about these medications. I wanted to get on Zelnorm but it was pulled off the market.
It sounds like you are on a good path. Taking care of your butt needs to be your mission in life right now to get you over the hump into healing.

Postby cherylk » 24 Nov 2008, 08:02

I took both Zelnorm and Amitizia at different times. Zelnorm is back on the market with very limited qualifications if you can be in a study. It gave me stomach cramps, and I doubt if you would like it, Lecia. How have you been feeling lately?
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby happyass » 05 Dec 2008, 23:37

hi raul,
just checking in to say hello and hope you are doing well.
happy
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74