Movicol/Miralax

Found a good website that has some really handy information?  Post your links here...

Return to References, Websites, Facts...

Re: Movicol/Miralax

Postby cherylk » 09 Mar 2009, 11:06

Hey Dazzy,
I am doing OK. I'll ask my friend Dwight to pray for you and give him your update. Fissures are so xee$#343 (bad word) annoying and vexing. Hang in there. At least you are back to play games with all of us. I am enjoying taking my new Tai Chi class and this aft I have my tap dancing class. Sending good wishes across the pond.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby derryboy » 11 Mar 2009, 05:56

luv the picture, is that ur garden ur in. its looks very beautiful and the weather look gawgussssssss,, luck u,
its damp,dull,cold ere,
derryboy
King Fissure

Topics: 20

Postby cherylk » 11 Mar 2009, 06:18

That's me admiring a flower in Hawaii in 2005, Dazzy.
cherylk
VIP

Postby derryboy » 11 Mar 2009, 06:49

looks great
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby derryboy » 24 Sep 2009, 04:23

been so much mention of movicol on here recently i thought id asked this question to the movicol cool club.
how do you like yours.
do you mix it with cold, warm, water, or mix it with fresh juice,
or another way.
and when do you take yours, and how long does it take to work me i take mine fresh juice, midday, and next morning i go. and i decide after being then how much to take that day, where to reduce or up a little.
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby derryboy » 18 Oct 2009, 02:13

bump
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby juney » 22 Oct 2009, 16:28

i don't take movicol but i take miralax everyday around 8pm. i mix it with 1 tsp of benefiber into hot tea (green or ginger). that way i get to enjoy it. :)
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby cherylk » 22 Oct 2009, 20:43

I take my nightly Movicol/Miralax with 1/2 cup grape juice and 1/2 cup water at night mixed in with 1 1/2 teaspoon Benefiber.
cherylk
VIP

Postby derryboy » 24 Oct 2009, 12:58

thanks guys, hope both of u are doing ok, take care xx
derryboy
King Fissure

Postby green01 » 15 Nov 2010, 23:47

Hi,
I wanted to share my experience with Movicol with you as it's been the one thing that's kept me going for eighteen months. It's been fantastic stuff and I've taken it in varying amounts depending on the fissure intensity. I've also tried wheening off it slowly unsuccessfully.
I had a scope done in August of this year seeing how I couldn't get it healed myself just to check things. Soon as I got out two days later I got a fissure again and went straight back on the Movicol. Two months on now and using movicol only every second day and Roctogesic regularly. Feel like the rectogeic has really healed things up and the movicol has softened things up enough to stop the re-occurance. Unfortunately had a follow up appointment with my butt doctor today who tells me I can't stay on the Movicol every second day and need to progress back to Metamucil. I actually tried this just last week knowing what he was going to say and was unsuccessful. Three days after stopping the movicol, blood pain and bm like small rocks. I hadn't had a reoccurence in the fissure since August so as all of you know it's very annoying when you need to start again.
I'm only 33 and he's told me I should have more surgery so he can slice part of my anal muscle but really not keen because of a 3% risk of incontinence so i've pushed him back to mid January. Hoping to really work on my diet, movicol, rectogesic for the next two weeks while things heal and then start with Metamucil overlapping my intake of Movicol just slightly at first.
Must go but keen to hear anyone elses comments on long term use of movicol or miralax. in Australia the dosage is a sachet.
I so wish I'd found Movicol in the weeks after getting the original painful fissure. I'm sure it would have fixed it up quickly and the ongoing search for something that works well has made things so much worse. Rectogesic also loving it and wish I'd found it eighteen months ago. Instead doctors keep on with the same old stuff and in Australia Rectogesic is over the counter so that's great.
Kind Regards,
Jason
green01