Butt Cramps

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Butt Cramps

Postby cherylk » 20 Nov 2008, 09:09

Erik,
I think it is highly unlikely that you have Crohn's if you have no stomach pain or diarhea or blood. ARe you telling me that the military would discharge you if you were diagnosed with Crohn's? If so, what about disability rights?? That would be blatant discirimination if you ask me. Many people with Crohn's manage just fine with careers and everything else. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Nov 2008, 19:31

I have to agree with Cheryl - Erik - you most probably do not have it !!! Especially since you have your fissure for such a long time - you would definitely develop definite symptoms of C. by now. Also - fissures connected with C. are more ulcer like and not like a "paper cuts" and almost always are off regular 12 and 6 o'clock placement and also usually more than one is present Image BUT - do that C. for your sake - you will need it soon anyway as part of a regular physical in late forties - so do it while you have nice insurance Image . Just yesterday my friend told me that our mutual male friend has colon cancer :( - he was in perfect shape - one of those guys that exercise every single day, bike, hike, and eat healthy - no family history either Image . I was always against colonoscopy thinking that it is just a good way for CRSs and GIs to make a lot of money - but now I completely changed my opinion Image .
Do colonoscopy anyway - fissure or not !!!!
Best of luck Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 22 Nov 2008, 08:03

Yes, my son was diagnosed with three ulcers in the colon and they were biopsied. That is how they knew he had Crohn's.
Fiss,
I still cannot believe you went through colonoscopy prep with a fissure. Didn't you get really sore from the cleanout procedure??
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby erik » 22 Nov 2008, 11:50

Did your son have diarrhea or stomach pains?
thanks Cheryl,
Erik
erik
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby cherylk » 22 Nov 2008, 12:24

Yes, Erik he had both in addition to lots of rectal bleeding. Be sure to give us an update when you are done with the test.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Nov 2008, 12:58

Cheryl - for some reason prep did not make me sore down there although I ended up going more than 12 times total Image !!! I also felt much better after I woke up after procedure- my anus got relaxed because that "tube" stretched it somewhat - almost decided not to have second LIS , ha ha, but I knew better - that was only temporary relief and I needed it
relaxed permanently.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 22 Nov 2008, 13:22

Fiss,
I remember when you had your colonoscopy because I was at Mayos at the same time having my enema, manometry, and internal exam. I would think going that many times would have made you very SORE although I don't recall getting that sore during my colonscopy prep in 2001. By the way do you think your newly diagnosed friend with colon cancer is going to be OK?????
cHERYL
cherylk
VIP

Postby erik » 22 Nov 2008, 13:37

I will. I think everything will be just fine. You do all you can do and leave the rest up to the heavens.
Erik :)
erik
Salt Bather

Postby cherylk » 22 Nov 2008, 13:46

Is there a particular reason that you were fearing Crohn's Disease???
cherylk
VIP

Postby erik » 22 Nov 2008, 13:53

I guess my unhealing posterior fissure (1200 position). It is always about 85%-90% healed.
and I think when I worry about it, I start thinking I have other things wrong with me, then i do too much internet reserach and really freak myself. out.
paranoia.
erik
Salt Bather