Discouraged after seeing blood.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Discouraged after seeing blood.

Postby cherylk » 26 Nov 2008, 18:48

I heard on the radio today about the persons dying at the Taj Hotel. Probably close by. Too bad.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby juney » 26 Nov 2008, 21:45

raul - my surgeon has said that even scar tissue can bleed a bit...and that would be once the fissure has healed. so seeing a little bit of blood shouldn't worry you too much, although i definitely know the panic it can bring about. try not to be too anxious about this unless you're dripping into the toilet or something (that's how i was in the first few months of the fissure. ackkk!!)
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Nov 2008, 04:03

My fissures almost never bled Image First one bled only when it was first torn. Later, I saw blood only twice - there were small droplets on TP , but both times it meant that my fissure was re -torn again Image . In my experience blood means disaster - but everybody is different.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Raul » 29 Nov 2008, 13:00

Hello everyone,
Hopefully everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
:tgivingdinner:
I did eat more than usual, but made sure to supplement my fiber intake to the daily recommended dose.(25 to 30 grams)
HappyAss, I was reading your post an yes this is the closest a man will ever get to experience a period. Image

After reading your post, I did get to think why I was hanging in the toilette for a long period of time.
I guess it came down to the strong force of habit, I have accustomed myself over the years.
I used to sit down and read magazine articles or checkout a news article in the paper.
It's also hard having to go to the toilette at work since, I always like to time my BM around breaktime. I also freak out whenever I miss a BM that I'm routinely know when to take it. (once a day, normally in the morning).
Since that day, I have tried to go to the toilette only when I have the strong urge to do so. I have also had no apparent sign of bleeding on my poop or my moist towelette. Image
Again Thanks for everyone's responses. Image
Raul
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby happyass » 30 Nov 2008, 18:06

i completely understand raul about freaking out when you miss your routine BM. i freaked out if by the third day i didn't have any BM!!!!! Image
i would like to be regular on a daily basis but sometimes that just won't do and i will begin to worry at about day three if nothing has come out - or if i haven't got that signal!
anyway, i am glad you haven't seen any bleeding lately. that's great news.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby cherylk » 01 Dec 2008, 08:42

I would probably go into cardiac arrest if I hadn't had a bm in three days as I usually go 2 or 3 times a day now. I used to go every other day b/4 these const problems and did sometimes go every three days years ago, but now I wouldn't be able to stand the apprehension. It works better for me to keep everything flowing so I know how best to try to adjust my laxative, but everyone is different!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Corsi » 01 Dec 2008, 12:55

cherylk wrote:I would probably go into cardiac arrest if I hadn't had a bm in three days as I usually go 2 or 3 times a day now. I used to go every other day b/4 these const problems and did sometimes go every three days years ago, but now I wouldn't be able to stand the apprehension. It works better for me to keep everything flowing so I know how best to try to adjust my laxative, but everyone is different!!

Image funny Cheryl....continue taking the laxatives, we don't want you to do that!
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Raul » 10 Dec 2008, 09:26

Hope everyone is well,
Today I had a bout of diarrhea, and again had blood. I wasn't real discouraged this time since I have read on this forum that that is normal, if it only happens every once in awhile and not daily.
Well, I went to lie down on my bed and crossed my legs, and that's when the discomfort came back. I was freaking out because I haven't felt that type pain, for about 3 weeks now.
I went racing for some advil and took about 4 of them at once.
I sat down to relax, and after about 20 minutes the pain subsided.
I have an appointment with my CRS tomorrow, and I'll ask him if this thing is healing or not.
It's starting to get really frustrating because when I think I'm doing good, BAM! I get thrown back down to the floor when any setback happens. Image
I have read on this board that setbacks are common, but mentally this AF is getting pretty tiring.
:dddd:
Raul
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby cherylk » 10 Dec 2008, 09:28

Yes, I think AF can often be worse mentally than physically. That is why I am taking an A/D!! Keep us posted on what your CRS says as we all continue to learn from each other. Good luck!!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Dec 2008, 13:24

It takes a terrible toll mentally, but imagine the mental anguish if you were in pain all day, or even half the day every day, like I was.
Count your blessings.
Deleted User 5