ok now this is really frustrating !

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

ok now this is really frustrating !

Postby gahgah604 » 10 Dec 2008, 07:06

So a couple days ago, I was putting on my nifedipine ointment and I felt this little painful bump. I went to my doctor and he confirmed I have a hemorrhoid (little)
I am going to hit the roof, my anxiety is through the roof now. I am so sick of this... like what did I do to deserve a fissure and now a hemorrhoid! I am at my wits end.
I do not know what to do now... I was reading webMD and it says this...
"The goal of nonsurgical procedures used to treat hemorrhoids, called fixative procedures, is to reduce the blood supply to the hemorrhoid so it shrinks or goes away. The scar tissue left in its place helps support the anal tissue and helps prevent more hemorrhoids from developing"
the cure for my fissure is to get more bloodflow to the anal area ! What should I do ? stop the Nifedipine while I have this stupid hemorrhoid ? Nifedipine brings more blood to the anal area.
I seriously do not know what to do now...
this really sucks, I wish this on nobody.
gahgah604
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Re: ok now this is really frustrating !

Postby happyass » 10 Dec 2008, 12:22

well take comfort that you don't have colon cancer or a tumor from hpv growing on your bum. looking at it that way, you should be very happy to deal with a fissure and hemmy - who thought there would be such cause of celebration to have those as your diagnosis rather than a lethal form of cancer.
i know there are many here on the board that have had to deal with both gahgah so they will be here to help you out soon to perhaps prepare for some alternative options.
although yes it is bad, it's not that bad.......take some comfort in that.
have you squatted at any time or attempted to in order to bm? by squatting, this helps to keep a lot of pressure on the areas where you have your fissure and hemmy. perhaps trying the squatting position will help bring some reduction in irritation and how much pressure you put on the hemmy.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 10 Dec 2008, 13:14

I think your CRS or perhaps even GP could tell you the best way to tackle both problems at once.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 10 Dec 2008, 13:19

Actually, nefidipine can be helpful for hemmies. Some research says that it helps to improves blood flow so that the blood doesn't become static and helps to break up the clot.

It would soak in epsom salts and take advil to help with inflammation. I know it sucks. I hate hemmies. They hurt so much.

Postby Guest » 10 Dec 2008, 17:11

Oh dear G - I am sorry to hear this Image
I would chat this one over with your CRS...How unfair i agree :roll: